Regarding: Hans' Status for 2008-2009

hatfieldms

Feb 20, 2008
He was very close to transferring last year and some think he will this year. If he leaves he will go to Missouri

captaindawg

Feb 23, 2008
I thought this was just an internet rumor. Has there been any legs to this besides people on the internet thay know a friend of a friend?

hatfieldms

Feb 20, 2008
hansbrough's dad is not a fan of Stansbury and wanted him to transfer last year but he didnt

Todd4State

Mar 3, 2008
No, it's not 100%. Personally I think he will stay.

I THINK/hope this is what goes down:

Jamont comes back.
Ben comes back and is one of our SG.
We get Hopson- see the part where I say HOPE. I think he is our third guard. Barry will be our 6th man. To me, it seems like Barry would be better suited for that role than Ben. I think we will rotate our guards. If Hopson doesn't come, we just start Barry, who will be an experienced junior.
SWAT comes back, hopefully stronger and hopefully will be a little more of an offensive threat.
PF is either Osby, Baily or Brian Johnson. May the best man win. I would be fine with any of the three.

Uncle Leo

Jun 30, 2006
Maybe it's just me, though.

Another thing... Maybe it's just me again, but Gordon has looked like he doesn't want to pass Hansbrough's way lately.

B

Bulldoghair

said something to the effect that he thinks stans doesn't have control of the team alot of the time and that he dad doesnt like stans for the same reasons...i guess they have that north carolina to compare him to at the dinner table....my take is if this is true, it's because the coaches seem to let jamont do whatever he wants to do on the court....we live and die with jamont and for all the great things he's done over the season, he's done just as much to hurt us.

hatfieldms

Feb 20, 2008
Bulldoghair said:
said something to the effect that he thinks stans doesn't have control of the team alot of the time and that he dad doesnt like stans for the same reasons...i guess they have that north carolina to compare him to at the dinner table....my take is if this is true, it's because the coaches seem to let jamont do whatever he wants to do on the court....we live and die with jamont and for all the great things he's done over the season, he's done just as much to hurt us.

Jamont odes some stupid **** but to say he has done as much to hurt us as he did to help us is just idiotic. Without him we dont sniff post season play these last couple of years
</p>

Todd4State

Mar 3, 2008
it could be that he hasn't completely recovered from mono. <halfway serious>

Shoot, if he leaves, we still have Ravern.

B

Bulldoghair

hatfieldms said:
Bulldoghair said:

Jamont odes some stupid **** but to say he has done as much to hurt us as he did to help us is just idiotic. Without him we dont sniff post season play these last couple of years
</p>

</p>ok, ok, since your nitpicking mabee not an exact 50/50 on helping and hurting, mabee really more like 70/30....he is a ball hog....great players make everyone else playing with them alot better and that hasn't happend........yet.

hatfieldms

Feb 20, 2008
Bulldoghair said:
hatfieldms said:
Bulldoghair said:

</p>
ok, ok, since your nitpicking mabee not an exact 50/50 on helping and hurting, mabee really more like 70/30....<span style="font-weight: bold;">he is a ball hog</span>....great players make everyone else playing with them alot better and that hasn't happend........yet.

Really? He led the team in assist by more than 2 assist a game. He is our best player and you want your best player to shoot the ball but he also distributes a decent bit as well
</p>

Badon

Jun 12, 2006
Since we are talking about potential transfers, is Augustus included on that list?

MSUCostanza

Jan 10, 2007
the Oregon game?

His shot wasn't falling. 2 for 14. But he had 9 assists and 11 rebounds - crucial.

We have the dumbest fans in America. Gordon screws up, but there aren't many players that don't. And all his mistakes are from trying to do too much to help us win, rather than selfishness.

Todd4State

Mar 3, 2008
I don't remember Jordan making Luc Longley better. Players have to do it at some point in time. Jamont used to be pretty selfish, but I have noticed that he has gotten a LOT better at distributing the ball. For example the South Carolina game, he gives it up to Hansbrough who gets fouled, we get the FT's and go to OT and win.

His problem is he has had to learn how to be a PG. I think he has come a long way, and he still could improve, but he's about as good as anyone I've ever seen at MSU playing the point.

B

Bulldoghair

hatfieldms said:
Bulldoghair said:
hatfieldms said:
Bulldoghair said:

</p>
ok, ok, since your nitpicking mabee not an exact 50/50 on helping and hurting, mabee really more like 70/30....<span style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold">he is a ball hog</span>....great players make everyone else playing with them alot better and that hasn't happend........yet.

Really? He led the team in assist by more than 2 assist a game. He is our best player and you want your best player to shoot the ball but he also distributes a decent bit as well
</p>

</p> he lead the team in assists by more than 2 assist a game - this is my point exactly.......considering how much he handles the ball, that stat should be doubled or even tripled......he handles the ball more for us than any other one person on any other team that i've seen this year.........and yes, i know he is our most valuable outside player, buy far and i concede to this issue because without him, we don't do much, but then again, how do we know that? he handles the ball and has so much control of this team who knows what we could.....but i agree, he is the best we got and i hope he comes back....i just think he could be even better than he is, which is scarry for other teams thats all.

btw, this game was not bad for him, i'm refering to the whole season...he had a really good game today

Porkchop.sixpack

Jan 23, 2007
when you were in high school. I mean, its not like he didn't have any interest in going there. He did. And they blew him off. Why would he want to go there now?

B

Bulldoghair

Porkchop said:
when you were in high school. I mean, its not like he didn't have any interest in going there. He did. And they blew him off. Why would he want to go there now?

closer to home mabee? home state school?....doesn't have to play with jamont?....who knows</p>

bizZaX

Mar 22, 2008
hatfieldms said:
He was very close to transferring last year and some think he will this year. If he leaves he will go to Missouri

</p>gotta love people who have no backup facts, he is going NOWHERE... good god...

Porkchop.sixpack

Jan 23, 2007
close to Poplar Bluff. And Ark probably isn't much further than Columbia.

I do understand that getting back closer to home might be something he might want to do. But, there really is some bad blood between that family and MO.

hatfieldms

Feb 20, 2008
bizZaX said:
hatfieldms said:
gotta love people who have no backup facts, he is going NOWHERE... good god...

The only facts I have are what a family member of his told me earlier thsi year. I hope he comes back but don't think it wasn't talked about last year after the season that he might leave. what kind of fact do you want? taped conversation maybe?
</p>

SnakePlissken

Feb 24, 2008
hatfieldms said:

what kind of fact do you want? taped conversation maybe?
</p>

How about telling who the family member was? If it is his 4th cousin once removed by marriage then it might not be too credible. Was it his mom, his dad, or his brother? Other than those three I wouldn't trust anything a "family member" says.
</p>

Todd4State

Mar 3, 2008
place he could go to probably would be Southeast Missouri State. St. Louis U. sucks right now in basketball. There are also some schools in Illinois and Kentucky that are probably closer to his home than Mizzou.

thedog

Mar 3, 2008
mom and dad went to missouri didn't they; and the other brother went or goes there.

B

BillBrasky10

Why are you people even talking about this anymore? Read the KV blog at the top of the ++#%@$$ page. He told KV he was coming back. I dont care what dumbass rumors you heard. I know alot of rumors on this board have come true but I think we yall have beat this one to death. Kind of like I want to do to Dorsey. That sumfabitch.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login