Remaining January games: What you realistically want & What you expect…

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
I certainly don’t expect to go undefeated during this stretch, but having a winning record during these next games is doable. I don’t expect it though.

I’m going with wanting 4-2 and expecting 2-4.

[FONT="]Watching a thrilling night of college basketball and thinking about this brutal upcoming stretch for the Mississippi State men. Might just go ahead and call tomorrow vs Georgia a must-win game… pic.twitter.com/8GLld2dc9c— Stefan Krajisnik (@skrajisnik3) January 12, 2022 [/FONT]

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
Note: The Georgia game listing is visible in the original tweet but doesn’t show up in the embedded image above. Good thing the Daily Journal reporter specifically mentioned it in the tweet.

Last edited:

047Dog

Jan 29, 2020
A win tonight and either Florida or Bama to get us to 2-4.

When I looked at the schedule and did my prediction, we really needed a 4-0 start (including win at Mizzou which could be tougher as well) for a path to 10-8 or possibly 11-7. I still think the stretch at the first of February is the one that's going to sink our hopes: @Ark, vs Tennessee, @LSU, @Bama.

MSUDC11

Aug 23, 2012
Actually think we have a chance to go on a little run before we make the trip to Rupp. We SHOULD beat Georgia and Ole Miss at home, and I’d put Bama and Florida in the 50/50 category. Bama is kinda struggling right now and we’ve kinda owned Florida the last few years,

I do not see us winning in Lexington or Lubbock but I don’t think those games will make or break us. I do think we have to go at least 3-1 in the next four games or we will really be behind the eight ball.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login