Remember how everyone hated Mark Jones calling the Colorado game last week…

STATEgrad04

Mar 3, 2008
Dave Neal hater? I actually really like Dave and think he’s been criminally underused in the SEC Network era compared to some others who are worse but get higher profile games.
I guess its just takes me back to the JP days.

RockyDog

Jan 2, 2023
Mark Jones has gotten ridiculous by throwing out big words either to entertain himself or to act like he's a scholar. He did it a LOT last week. Here's a tip for you Mark, you are commentating a caveman sport and I can guarantee you that NOBODY watching the broadcast has a dictionary or thesaurus next to them to look up the stupid words you are spewing.

MSUDOG24

Mar 31, 2021
Mark Jones has gotten ridiculous by throwing out big words either to entertain himself or to act like he's a scholar. He did it a LOT last week. Here's a tip for you Mark, you are commentating a caveman sport and I can guarantee you that NOBODY watching the broadcast has a dictionary or thesaurus next to them to look up the stupid words you are spewing.
Reading an article in the Athletic and thought you might get a kick out of this. I had to laugh.

Thursday night lowlight

Not only did ESPN play-by-play man Mark Jones’ prerecorded “Ode To The Big 12” video essay call into question whether the very invention of the thesaurus was a mistake, it ran well into the start of a North Dakota State offensive drive.

• Haha
Reactions: patdog

MaroonOldCrow

Aug 22, 2012

It strikes me as some sort of a bad impression of Dennis Miller doing MNF.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login