Article Report: Former Mississippi State quarterback Will Rogers named Washington starter - Steve Samra

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
Anticipation Popcorn GIF

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Over under on Rogers having more than 20 yards running the ball all season?

Will Rogers.sixpack

Sep 25, 2022
Over under on Rogers having more than 20 yards running the ball all season?
I continue to get notified by buddies about my name getting brought up on this board. I hope to God somehow by a literal miracle that y’all make it to a bowl game and then get matched up against us. I’d make sure I run for more than 20 yards in just that game alone. Along with 450 passing yards and 5 TD’s. Oh and tell your mom I said hi.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
I continue to get notified by buddies about my name getting brought up on this board. I hope to God somehow by a literal miracle that y’all make it to a bowl game and then get matched up against us. I’d make sure I run for more than 20 yards in just that game alone. Along with 450 passing yards and 5 TD’s. Oh and tell your mom I said hi.
Man with that 8.0 40 speed it ain't gonna be easy Lil Willy!

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
If by some miracle we get matched up in a bowl game, the more likely scenario is that you'll be on the sideline leaning on a pair of crutches.

Hugh's Burner Phone

Aug 3, 2017
450 passing yards? You going to have 200 attempts?

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
It will be interesting to see him run the same offense that Arizona ran, they do throw a lot but relied a lot on qb mobility and extending plays which is something I didn't see will do a lot of here. Fisch seems to be smart so maybe he will modify this year for Will. He got to see him up close for two games so he should know what he can and can't do. Arnett obviously didn't understand.

Reactions: Darryl Steight

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
It will be interesting to see him run the same offense that Arizona ran, they do throw a lot but relied a lot on qb mobility and extending plays which is something I didn't see will do a lot of here. Fisch seems to be smart so maybe he will modify this year for Will. He got to see him up close for two games so he should know what he can and can't do. Arnett obviously didn't understand.

What Will lacks in mobility and extending plays he can offset to an extent with quick reads and decisions if the coach plans for those strengths in the offense. Obviously he is limited, but he can be good in a system that uses his skills.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
What Will lacks in mobility and extending plays he can offset to an extent with quick reads and decisions if the coach plans for those strengths in the offense. Obviously he is limited, but he can be good in a system that uses his skills.
Yea if Fisch does that. He will be fine. Fisch is smart or so I think. But his offense wasn't like that the last couple of years I followed. A lot of passing and playing by the qb extending. If he is smart he will do quick short passing game not more so of what they saw with Fafita and DeLaura.

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
Fisch didn't even play the best QB on the AZ roster until he had to. But Will has no competition outside a FR.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Based on that article it sounds like they will be running a pro style offense which is what we attempted to do with Will and a bunch of air raid guys last year. So not sure how well that's gonna work out for him. Arnett and staff did a terrible job installing the offense, but I think Will struggled with that style also. Will be interesting to see if he adapts elsewhere. Looks like he was up against a true freshmen which I would be surprised if a true freshman beat out a super senior transfer.

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
This! He was quick to go to 2nd or 3rd receivers. Watching the FSU game their QB could only go to 1st.

Reactions: She Mate Me

GhostOfJackie

Apr 20, 2009
Me neither. Will Rogers was one of the great Bulldogs and always will be in my book. He was put into a situation by a coaching staff who had no clue what they were doing (which happens here alot). Our fans are ******* morons.

tired

Sep 16, 2013
I hope Will does well & wish him the best. I've heard thru the vine he's gained a bit of "good weight", he's đź’Ż, and throwing with a little more velocity.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login