Returning safeties

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
I assume Marcus Banks unless he goes to the draft plus Jakobi Albert, Jordan Morant, Hunter Washington, Chris Keys and Isaac Smith.

Ozarkdawg

Apr 1, 2017
Appreciate you listing them and starting a conversation, but it might make these easier to read if you listed each guy on a single line with his classification.

At least easier for me being too lazy to look it up and see who exactly they all are.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Appreciate you listing them and starting a conversation, but it might make these easier to read if you listed each guy on a single line with his classification.

At least easier for me being too lazy to look it up and see who exactly they all are.
I think the fact we don’t know who any of them are already tells us everything we need to know.

kired

Aug 22, 2008

How does this look? I'm almost certain Banks is out of eligibility. Shawn Preston too. Ellington is transferring out. Should be able to click these and look bios. If it doesn't have recruiting info in their bio, they're probably a walkon.

1Marcus BanksS6-0190Sr.1LHouston, Texas / Dekaney HS (Alabama)
7Shawn Preston Jr.S6-0205Gr.4LSt. James, La. / St. James HS
10Corey EllingtonS6-3200Jr.2LLexington, Miss. / Holmes County Central HS
15Ja'Kobi AlbertS5-11180So.TRFairfield, Ala. / Fairfield Prep HS (Kentucky)
17Jordan MorantS6-0210R-Jr.1LParsippany, N.J. / Bergen Catholic HS (Michigan)
20Isaac SmithS6-0205Fr.HSFulton, Miss. / Itawamba Agricultural HS
21Hunter WashingtonS5-11190R-So.1LKaty, Texas / Katy HS (Florida State)
27Chris KeysS6-0190R-Jr.TRCollins, Miss. / Collins HS (Indiana)
28Tanner Duke JohnsonS6-0185R-Fr.RSKyle, Texas / Lehman HS
33Trent SingletonS6-0195R-Fr.RSEdwards, Miss. / Raymond HS
38Jaylen AboromS6-2190Fr.HSHattiesburg, Miss. / Oak Grove HS
41Cody SwansonS6-0200R-Sr.SQMadison, Miss. / Madison-Ridgeland Academy
47Jalin ShephardS5-10195R-So.TRHogansville, Ga. / Callaway HS (West Georgia)

Called3rdstrikedawg

May 7, 2016
Let me help.
Isaac Smith, Trent Singleton and Jaylen Aborum were too DB recruits in last years signing class from Mississippi HS. The fact that Isaac Smith is the only one that played is more of a sign that we had a lot of upper class DBs in the 23 2 deep roster and not a reflection that these guys were missed in the signing class. I feel confident we could see all 3 of them playing meaningful minutes in 24.

Reactions: Darryl Steight

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
Let me help.
Isaac Smith, Trent Singleton and Jaylen Aborum were too DB recruits in last years signing class from Mississippi HS. The fact that Isaac Smith is the only one that played is more of a sign that we had a lot of upper class DBs in the 23 2 deep roster and not a reflection that these guys were missed in the signing class. I feel confident we could see all 3 of them playing meaningful minutes in 24.
I don't think Aborum is still here and Singleton in in the portal if I'm not mistaken.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017

The fact that so many posters here are too lazy to Google the roster on Hail State is why I listed the returning guys. People are on here commenting like we only have 16 people on our roster but haven't bothered yo look and have no clue who is on the team.

Ozarkdawg

Apr 1, 2017
I think part of the problem is so few really pushed any starters is a concern. If anyone outside of the starters (mostly seniors) got a decent amount of playing time there may be some optimism. But the starters all graduated or seem to be transferring.

Now did the lack of playing time happen because they weren't talented enough, because of injury, or because of dumbass coaching remains to be seen. Really could have been any of the 3.

The fact that so many posters here are too lazy to Google the roster on Hail State is why I listed the returning guys. People are on here commenting like we only have 16 people on our roster but haven't bothered yo look and have no clue who is on the team.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login