Rewatching the 2021 CWS...

DAWGSANDSAINTS

Oct 10, 2022
I’ve watched multiple innings of the TX game 1, the VA game, TX game 4 and the Natty game over the last 2 years.
Just an amazing run in Omaha
Glad I got to experience at least part of it in Omaha.
I had always said since 1985 - “ the next time we make it to Omaha, I’m going”
I finally did it in 2021
I sure hope we have about 10 more trips out there for us in the next 20 -25 years.

Last edited:

Bulldog45

Oct 2, 2018
I was fine with it but just got an email from the Omaha zoo. Now I’m missing being able to hit the road with the kids.

TXDawg.sixpack

Apr 10, 2009
When Rocker threw that ball into CF in the first inning, that's when the first glimmer of hope started to shine. That was a tailor made double play that would've gotten them out of the inning...

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
I'd forgotten just how bush league that 9th inning bunt was...
I still to this day can’t believe Corbin didn’t call for a review after we were already dog piling. The bunt call was weird at best and I assumed he’d double down on it by challenging.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
I still forget sometimes that we carried a no hitter into the 8th inning of the deciding game. And their only hit ended up being a single up the middle.

I never got to see a game at Rosenblatt, we only played there once in my fandom (2007), and it was during a church camp I was involved with so I didn’t even get to watch the games on TV. Finally made my first Omaha trip in 2013 for the opening game against Oregon State but didn’t get to see that championship series in person. I told myself then that if we ever got back to the finals I’d be there. I had just gotten a bonus from work and used every penny of it in Omaha in 2021. Well worth it.

It may be a long time before I ever go back to Omaha because there’s no guarantee we’ll even be there and it will also be very tough to ever top 2021 for me.

Last edited:

NukeDogg

Mar 15, 2022
I have all the 2021 CWS games saved on my DVR (except finals G1 vs. Vandy, I flushed that one). I don't think I've ever yelled as loud and enthusiastically at any State sports moment ever as I did when Tanner Allen hit the homer in game 2 against UVa. That was the definitive "we are going to win this come hell or high water" moment IMO.

Reactions: CochiseCowbell

TXDawg.sixpack

Apr 10, 2009
I still to this day can’t believe Corbin didn’t call for a review after we were already dog piling. The bunt call was weird at best and I assumed he’d double down on it by challenging.
I think he knew there was no way they were going to overturn the call regardless of the actual outcome. They weren't undoing the dog pile and cleaning up the field in a 9-0 game.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login