Rhett Hobart to AU????

rankindog86

Aug 22, 2012
Cohen poaching another one... looks like Rhett Hobart is leaving State AGAIN..... headed to Auburn.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Confirms he mad not getting the AD spot after just returning to MSU in May and buying a house recently. No way he was ready for it either. I don't know him but nobody deserves to have to deal w/ Cohen every day, just ask the present staffers here because they have been very vocal about the Cohen departure

Last edited:

theoriginalSALTYdog

Jul 10, 2021
Cohen poaching another one... looks like Rhett Hobart is leaving State AGAIN..... headed to Auburn.
I like Rhett. Hate to hear he's leaving. He's one of us and while I can agree that's not always a good thing I really thought that if he stuck around he would be the next AD, after this upcoming hire.

Last edited:

rankindog86

Aug 22, 2012
Don't think he is mad at not getting AD job this go around, hearing Cohen made some hefty promises...

chuckster.sixpack

Mar 26, 2015
I like Rhett. Hate to hear he's leaving. He's one of us while I can agree that's not always a good thing I really thought that if he stuck around he would be the next AD, after this upcoming hire.

In my limited interaction with him, I found him to be someone who gets stuff done. Quickly and effectively.

trob115

Jul 5, 2011
Rhett is a good dude. He wants to be AD one day. I'm not putting words in his mouth, but I suspect he knows he needs to be outside of our athletic department to be hired as AD, the next time it's open. He'll make a great AD.

Reactions: BhamDawg69

Ptolemy

Aug 23, 2014
I've always liked Rhett, dude loves State and I feel this is a move to get more experience for the next time our AD position opens up.

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
Confirms he mad not getting the AD spot after just returning to MSU in May and buying a house recently. No way he was ready for it either. I don't know him but nobody deserves to have to deal w/ Cohen every day, just ask the present staffers here because they have been very vocal about the Cohen departure
Would like to hear more about present staffers being vocal.

Reactions: CEO2044

whodatdawg12

Aug 26, 2012
Hope he introduces #Tents4Tickets to the Auburn faithful !!!!
Made it to the junction around 1 AM to meet up with some others in line and spent the night in the junction wearing jorts and a sleeveless shirt from bid day earlier that day. Dan was handing out sausage biscuits the next morning and handed me two because I looked like I needed it. Miserable experience and a terrible idea, but I’ll never forget it. Hate to see Rhett go though. Was happy to have him back.

Mar 21, 2011
Hate to see Rhett go. He will be a great AD in a couple of years. I don't blame him for leaving again to get more experience but really wish he would've stuck around. I hate the in-house hires and having a degree from State as a prerequisite for any position to be hired at state more than anyone but Rhett is the exception. He's a marketer and a creative thinker and I think he could have done a great job now and honestly if we hire Wicker or Alford I'd pick Rhett all day everyday over those guys. Benko is a toss up between the two. Hoping it's Veatch at this point.

Anon1664516582

Sep 30, 2022
Good riddance. All he was worried about was breaking news over Twitter to try to get credit for it. Hemphill got his panties in a wad when he moved back. Wish Cohenz would take him too. He is a joke and embarrassment and should have been fired for same reason as the baseball coach regarding Mullet’s recruiting hoe.

Reactions: Poppy IV

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
Good riddance. All he was worried about was breaking news over Twitter to try to get credit for it. Hemphill got his panties in a wad when he moved back. Wish Cohenz would take him too. He is a joke and embarrassment and should have been fired for same reason as the baseball coach regarding Mullet’s recruiting hoe.
Bingo

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Would like to hear more about present staffers being vocal.
I'll just say that I have reason to interact w/ 3 different staffers in athletics. When asked if there was a party for Cohen when he left was told there certainly was, but Cohen wasn't invited. The party was to celebrate him leaving. They report night and day difference in attitude around the facility now. The next one they want gone is Jay Logan, who I don't know and don't have an opinion on. He is over all athletic facilities and game management I believe

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
Hate to see him go but hopefully he takes the &tate push with him.

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
I'll just say that I have reason to interact w/ 3 different staffers in athletics. When asked if there was a party for Cohen when he left was told there certainly was, but Cohen wasn't invited. The party was to celebrate him leaving. They report night and day difference in attitude around the facility now. The next one they want gone is Jay Logan, who I don't know and don't have an opinion on. He is over all athletic facilities and game management I believe
Thanks Peeper. This reminds me of when Leach mentioned our Administration saying most were good but not all.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008

I've known plenty of Cohen types in my too many days. Their way can definitely get the job done, but it's not required to get the job done, and being around people like him on a daily basis sucks away your soul.

It's not worth it.

Anon1664516582

Sep 30, 2022
Thanks Peeper. This reminds me of when Leach mentioned our Administration saying most were good but not all.
Jay is a good guy. His dad played at State in the 50’s and was a Stud. Got into a fight at Len Lees and beat the shot out of some folks. Judge said u can go to prison or the Marines. He was a Marine the next day.

Our game management is a joke. It shouldn’t take an hour and more sometimes to get into a football game. And that has happened way to much with game management. I expect it had more to do with Cohen not spending he money to get people at the gates…. But it’s a joke. I would BLOW UP the Bulldog Club especially with that punk Hemphill there. What a 17 joke. Cocky punk. Never played a sport but soccer. He has to go.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login