Rick Cleveland Article

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
Now I'm halfway hoping for someone to replace Kevin Bacon's face with Rick's in this gif...

Remain Calm All Is Well GIF

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
It's a long season. Can go either way with pitching. Defense has to improve. Still have issues at catcher too. Lots to fix. Time for people to earn their pay. I just know what I've been watching isn't Mississippi State baseball so far. The standard is pretty high here.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Our coach and a half this message board may say we don't have a problem really but we do. We have some good arms but we really lack pitch control across-the-board and our fielding is terrible.

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
It takess a special team mentality to overcome extreme adversity and walk away victorious like we did. Those two transfers are knocking the cover off the ball so hopefully our ptiching starts to relax knowing they got run support to depend on. Gotta throw strikes and see where the ball goes.

Last edited:
Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg

wsjmsu75

Sep 29, 2017

Sorry for the hijack, but speaking of awesome music on a good set of headphones, anybody remember this one?

But back on subject, I wore the grooves off of Dark Side of the Moon when it first came out in about my junior year at State.

AstroDog

Oct 5, 2022
Mississippi Today Article

As usual, Rick Cleveland sums it up better than anybody else can in our state. This baseball team is just fine and once we put together this pitching puzzle, we will be a good team.

I love you all,
GOJ
Rick, although a USM fan, has always written about us fairly. Sometimes the story wasn't good, but he was fair about it. His last comment of "Throw Strikes" is basically it. Our pitchers need to throw strikes and cut our walks in half. I would rather the other team beat us by hitting safely than watching all the walked batters come in as RBIs.

GhostOfJackie

Apr 20, 2009
It's a long season. Can go either way with pitching. Defense has to improve. Still have issues at catcher too. Lots to fix. Time for people to earn their pay. I just know what I've been watching isn't Mississippi State baseball so far. The standard is pretty high here.
Yes, thankfully. We should not accept mediocracy from our baseball program and Coach knows that.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login