Ridgeland entertainment center with Top Golf and national 'grocery store'.....

patdog

May 28, 2007
Why would anyone want to live next to a TopGolf? You've got a huge unsightly screen in your neighborhood and a lot of traffic.

The Madison project was going to be a GolfSuites (kind of a knockoff of TopGolf). I suspect with TopGolf going in in Ridgeland, that project will never get done.

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
Why would anyone want to live next to a TopGolf? You've got a huge unsightly screen in your neighborhood and a lot of traffic.

The Madison project was going to be a GolfSuites (kind of a knockoff of TopGolf). I suspect with TopGolf going in in Ridgeland, that project will never get done.
Do folks routinely go to Top Golf? Like I see going a time or two a year, it's fun albeit pricey. I just don't see why you'd go more than that. You can snag a couple tall boy's and go to the driving range far more economically.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
I'm thinking possibly Trader Joe's. I'll believe it when I see it. I'm still waiting for the Harbor Walk development to start at the Reservoir and the Farish St. revitalization project to ever be completed.
Jackson development is one thing. I have more confidence in the Madison/Rankin County announcements.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Do folks routinely go to Top Golf? Like I see going a time or two a year, it's fun albeit pricey. I just don't see why you'd go more than that. You can snag a couple tall boy's and go to the driving range far more economically.
They tend to be busy. I'm like you though, it's fun enough for once or maybe twice a year, but not something I'd want to do every month.

Reactions: dorndawg

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Lot of church groups around Jackson will drive to Baton Rouge or Birmingham. I'm with you, I likely wouldn't go too much, but I could see them staying busy. One here would pull from at least a 2 hours radius, Meridian, Hattiesburg, Monroe, LA, up through to about Starkville/Winona/Grenada.

Reactions: dorndawg and patdog

SteelCurtain74

Oct 28, 2019
Harbor Walk WAS a Madison/Rankin County announcement. So was the Snopek Baseball Group's announcement four or five years ago of its facility where Rapids on the Reservoir was located. Not a piece of dirt has been disturbed since.

Reactions: Motodawg and patdog

Bulldog45

Oct 2, 2018

Bulldog45

Oct 2, 2018
They also do memberships, lessons, kids camps, leagues and birthday parties etc

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006

Could this be the elusive Publix????

And whatever happened to the Madison Top Golf? And wasn't there some other golf joint going up there?
I've been to the Prado and have seen The Garden of Earthly Delights.

You can debate which parts are Jackson, Madison, or Rankin...

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
It's no different than bowling. You get casuals but also "league guys".

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022

At the one in Huntsville, I know people routinely go during their lunch hour in the middle of the work week. They’ll pull up, order some apps, hit balls for 30-45 min, pay the check and leave.

RockyDog

Jan 2, 2023

Could this be the elusive Publix????

And whatever happened to the Madison Top Golf? And wasn't there some other golf joint going up there?
Isnt this Prado guy the one that wants to build luxury apartments on Meadowbrook at the old McRae's spot? This guy must have a lot more $$ than sense.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Isnt this Prado guy the one that wants to build luxury apartments on Meadowbrook at the old McRae's spot? This guy must have a lot more $$ than sense.
I bet he's getting a boatload of tax credits for that Meadowbrook project.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login