RIP, Dick Butkus…

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
Probably the most intimidating player ever. One time against Buffalo I think in a preseason game he tackled Heisman Trophy Winner OJ Simpson after Simpson went out of bounds to avoid a hit from Butkus and Butkus told OJ he was going to shove the Heisman up his @SS

msstatelp1

Aug 21, 2012
There's a story from the University of Illinois that when Butkus played they were losing by a large margin with less than a minute to play and two time outs. Butkus used both time outs to extend the game just so he could hit more people.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
No way he could play today. He only had 1 speed and that was wide arse open and 1 mission, to hit as hard as he could.

Reactions: msstatelp1

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
chicago bears win GIF

He and Walter Payton are both the faces of the Chicago Bears. I'm really going to miss this guy. I hope the Bears can pull this win tonight off since we lost my dick tonight but they tackle like my grandmother. Actually they tackle like Mississippi State.

I remember when I was in the seventh grade I went out for football had no idea what I was doing or what position I was playing or what the game was even about but I knew which number I was going to wear and I proudly asked for number 51 because Dick Butka had been Mr. football since I was a little kid.

I really feel like my dad and all the other Bears fans that have gone on are sharing a beer with Mike tonight and maybe a Polish sausage.

Reactions: Ghostman
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login