RIP Jack Russell of Great White..."Once Bitten, Twice Shy"

SteelCurtain74

Oct 28, 2019
Went to see Great White (without Russell) and Slaughter a couple of years ago at the state fair. Whoever was the lead singer of Great White at the time had a medical emergency and was rushed to St. D. Slaughter basically played two sets but was really good. Found out later the lead singer had a really good time in Jackson that led to his medical emergency.

Greg Kihn also passed away this week. Most would probably identify him with Jeopardy but The Breakup Song was my favorite from him.

Last edited:

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Went to see Great White (without Russell) and Slaughter a couple of years ago at the state fair. Whoever was the lead singer of Great White at the time had a medical emergency and was rushed to St. D. Slaughter basically played two sets but was really good. Found out later the lead singer had a really good time in Jackson that led to his medical emergency.

Greg Kihn also passed away this week. Most would probably identify him with Jeopardy but The Breakup Song was my favorite from him.
Completely missed Greg Kihn passing. I liked him. He definitely got his 15 minutes ++. The older you get the more you realize people can be all over the airwaves or screens one day and mostly forgotten and unknown by the time they die.

Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg

drexeldog23

Dec 2, 2022

the Breakup Song was my ****...... one of them songs you can not not sing along to...

drexeldog23

Dec 2, 2022
Saw them warmup for Whitesnake on March 10, 1988 at the Hump............Honestly I was too wasted to remember a whole lot but I somehow still have the ticket stub.........
they both came to Jackson around the same time. i didn't go but i remember they had Jack on the local rock station during the day for an interview.. this was during the R A D (rock against drugs) period... the DJ asked him about R A D and Jack replied "rock against drugs is like Christians against Christ". one of the greatest answers of all time.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
Opened for Whitesnake at the Hump in about '87 or '88. They were very good live.
Great White, Whitesnake, White Lion. For a while there, the sure path to hair metal success was having "white" in the name. I lost count of how many times I had to see White Lion open for someone at the Coliseum in Jackson. We would sing along "Wait, Waaaaaiiiiit, I only want to play in Jackson."

Reactions: Darryl Steight

drexeldog23

Dec 2, 2022
Great White, Whitesnake, White Lion. For a while there, the sure path to hair metal success was having "white" in the name. I lost count of how many times I had to see White Lion open for someone at the Coliseum in Jackson. We would sing along "Wait, Waaaaaiiiiit, I only want to play in Jackson."
dude, i was there every freaking time.. it was '87 and '88. i saw them open for Kiss, AC/DC and one other group i ve been racking my brain over that i can't remember... that sucked so bad that year... they must have been cheap or something....

hdogg

Nov 21, 2014
dude, i was there every freaking time.. it was '87 and '88. i saw them open for Kiss, AC/DC and one other group i ve been racking my brain over that i can't remember... that sucked so bad that year... they must have been cheap or something....
I was there too! And also can't remember the 3rd one. Perhaps my guitar case ticket decoupage will help?
Screenshot_20240816_174739_Gallery.jpg

drexeldog23

Dec 2, 2022
I was there too! And also can't remember the 3rd one. Perhaps my guitar case ticket decoupage will help?
View attachment 628679
heck yeah... i wish i would have kept all of my stubs... i must be about 3 or 4 years older than you because i have seen pretty much all of the groups on the left but it was in about '85 thru '87,'88

smurphdawg

May 5, 2016
I would have been about 14 when “Once Bitten Twice Shy” was getting radio play. That last guitar solo/outtro inspired me to become a guitar god. I never got a guitar or lessons or anything. I also can’t sing and generally lack talent. It just inspired me to become a rock star. Unfortunately for unknown reasons it never happened for me.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
If we got into a fight, I apologize in arrears.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login