RIP Loretta Lynn

11thEagleFan

Sep 6, 2015
My 4 year old daughter’s favorite song at the moment is “Louisiana Woman, Mississippi Man.” On the way home yesterday from Pre-K, she asked me to play the “Mississippi Man song.” Obviously I do Conway’s parts and she sings Loretta’s bit. What can I say, I’m raising my kids right. Rest In Peace, LL.

NWADawg

May 4, 2016
Spent about 5 years of childhood as somewhat of a neighbor to her. We were the 3rd house on the right before you turned off the highway to her dude ranch near Waverly, TN. We went fishing and swimming in the creek/river there all the time. It was in the middle of nowhere about 12 miles from nearest city limits then and nobody around but the few that lived out there. We moved away when I was in kindergarten so I didn't fully understand she was such a big deal but my older siblings went to school with her kids the entire 5 years and knew them pretty well.

Went back as an adult and everything was extremely commercialized. It was sad.

CochiseCowbell

Oct 29, 2012
My 4 year old daughter’s favorite song at the moment is “Louisiana Woman, Mississippi Man.” On the way home yesterday from Pre-K, she asked me to play the “Mississippi Man song.” Obviously I do Conway’s parts and she sings Loretta’s bit. What can I say, I’m raising my kids right. Rest In Peace, LL.

tipping derek jeter GIF

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
Spent about 5 years of childhood as somewhat of a neighbor to her. We were the 3rd house on the right before you turned off the highway to her dude ranch near Waverly, TN. We went fishing and swimming in the creek/river there all the time. It was in the middle of nowhere about 12 miles from nearest city limits then and nobody around but the few that lived out there. We moved away when I was in kindergarten so I didn't fully understand she was such a big deal but my older siblings went to school with her kids the entire 5 years and knew them pretty well.

Went back as an adult and everything was extremely commercialized. It was sad.
Awesome Post NWA. Awesome.

hdogg

Nov 21, 2014
Gone at 90.
I still remember around 1998, I was out of college and a friend stopped by on a Saturday morning. TV was on her bio-pic and a friend walked in and said :
Well, there's really not a better start to a Saturday than sitting around watching Coal Miner's Daughter

Dang, he was right. Fantastic story about an amazing lady.
RIP.

Reactions: Fritz!
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login