Road House is being remade

Uncle Ruckus

Apr 1, 2011
With Jake Gyllenhall. Brokeback Jake is playing ******* Dalton and I’m ******* shaking with rage. WHO ******* THOUGHT THIS WAS A GOOD IDEA?

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
Ironically they're also remaking Brokeback Mountain with Jennifer Lawrence and Margot Robbie as the leads.

On one hand, I hate when movies are remade with females replacing male stars to satisfy the woke crowd... On the other hand, lotion.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Ironically they're also remaking Brokeback Mountain with Jennifer Lawrence and Margot Robbie as the leads.

On one hand, I hate when movies are remade with females replacing male stars to satisfy the woke crowd... On the other hand, lotion.

The rumor 6 years ago, started by some fake news site, was Robbie and Emma Watson would star.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
With Jake Gyllenhall. Brokeback Jake is playing ******* Dalton and I’m ******* shaking with rage. WHO ******* THOUGHT THIS WAS A GOOD IDEA?
Someone check on paindonthurt. He may have had a heart attack.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008

I'm disgusted that I'll be forced to watch J Law running her tongue all over M Rob's sweaty body, and vice versa.

What a nightmare...

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008

It will be difficult to replace this guy's toughness.***
View attachment 24808

...perhaps actors play roles and those roles aren't actually who they are?
Just a wild thought.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
I hear instead of ripping out a man’s throat, he doxes them on Twitter.

Also, Laverne Cox is playing the Terry Funk role.

baddawggy

Jun 12, 2018
[video]https://www.vudu.com/content/movies/play/62224/TRAILER?returnUrl=%252Fcontent%252Fmovies%252Fdeta ils%252FRoad-House-2%252F62224[/video]
I hear instead of ripping out a man’s throat, he doxes them on Twitter.

Also, Laverne Cox is playing the Terry Funk role.

Uncle Ruckus

Apr 1, 2011
Don't even get me started on that abortion. The original is a nearly perfect cinematic masterpiece.
It's been nearly 12 hours since reading this devastating news and I woke up twice as angry.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
It will be difficult to replace this guy's toughness.***
View attachment 24808

...perhaps actors play roles and those roles aren't actually who they are?
Just a wild thought.

Swayze was proud of his dancing background/training and said it made him a better athlete and tougher because someone was always messing with him because he went to dance class after school.

I always thought he was under appreciated and a really great guy. Taken way too young.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
I don’t mind Jake G but there’s only one dalton. And who the hell is gonna replace Sam Elliot?

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Perhaps you are just a simp.

I mean do you have to bring your sandy vsgina into every thread?

The point is Patrick Swayxe was a great actor and played the role perfectly. So why ruin it?

I don’t give a damn if he was a flying homo ballerina off stage bc he was a damn good actor and didn’t shove his personal life down my throat.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Hollywood writers have run out of ideas. Way too many remakes. They are remaking Rocky as well?

Miketice

Sep 2, 2013

The point is Patrick Swayxe was a great actor and played the role perfectly. So why ruin it?

I don’t give a damn if he was a flying homo ballerina off stage bc he was a damn good actor and didn’t shove his personal life down my throat.

Wait what? Sway was a flying homo ballerina? Geez WTF. Man you think you got **** figured out and BAM! A bomb like this is dropped. Now my life sux just a little bit more.**

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
Hollywood writers have run out of ideas. Way too many remakes. They are remaking Rocky as well?

I agree, it does seem like we get more remakes now than ever. That said, Hollywood was doing it from the jump: https://filmschoolrejects.com/hollywood-remake-history/

Some folks believe there are only 7 stories, making everything a derivative:

1. Overcoming the Monster
  2. Rags to Riches
  3. The Quest
  4. Voyage and Return
  5. Rebirth
  6. Comedy
  7. Tragedy

https://www.autocrit.com/blog/7-stories-world/

CochiseCowbell

Oct 29, 2012
I don't think it's that writers are running out of ideas, I think it's the studios not willing to take a risk on new ideas. Unless, of course these ideas are, how do I put this, of a certain persuasion.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Swayze was proud of his dancing background/training and said it made him a better athlete and tougher because someone was always messing with him because he went to dance class after school.

I always thought he was under appreciated and a really great guy. Taken way too young.

He should be proud of his dance background. If I had that strength and control, I too would be proud of it.
My point wasn't to bring Swayze down, it was to show that it's not like the original Dalton is some hard badass in real life- these are actors playing roles.

Someone can play a gay character without being gay. Someone can play a badass character without being a badass.
That's all.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008

I agree Swayze played the character well.
Your ramble about Swayze's sexuality is just ignorant as he'll.

My point in posting the dance pic was to show that actors aren't actually the people they play as characters on screen.
An actor can play a physically weak character in one movie and a physically strong character in another movie.

I will let you in on a secret- Patrick Stewart is neither bound to a wheelchair nor the captain of a spaceship.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
The way Hollywood works now you can’t play a gay character unless you’re LGBTQ+?/$&. Voice actors for animated movies must be the same ethnic background of the character etc.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
The way Hollywood works now you can’t play a gay character unless you’re LGBTQ+?/$&. Voice actors for animated movies must be the same ethnic background of the character etc.

Yup, it both makes sense and is confusing.

Someone whose job it is to pretend should be able to, you know, pretend.
At the same time, under-represented or misrepresented minority groups being actually represented is nice to see.

I get the pushback of Emma Stone being cast as Asian in that movie that took place in Hawaii. I dont get the pushback on movies like live action Mulan or Crazy Rich Asians for not using full ethnic Chinese people.
When it comes to appearance, something like the whitest girl in Hollywood being Asian isnt great. But Asians with Chinese heritage playing Chinese people?...that is tough for me to get worked up over.

If someone straight plays a gay character, I dont care, as long as they do a good job. If someone gay plays a straight character, I dont care, as long as they do a good job.
But yeah, cultural and racial minorities are able to represent dominant groups more than the reverse in Hollywood right now.

The odd one was Jenny Slate leaving Big Mouth. She voiced a biracial girl(white and black) and was replaced by a black woman so that the black character can be played by a black person. The character is half black and half white.
Whatever, it doesnt make much sense to me, but is also not a hill I care to die on.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
I don’t mind Jake G but there’s only one dalton. And who the hell is gonna replace Sam Elliot?
This could be a fun game. Norman Reedus as Wade. I thought Olyphant but he is more of a gunslinger. In that line Walton Goggins as Wesley. He’s a little younger but plays a great villain. Jon Bernthal as Jimmy. He is great with accents and being the bad guy. Malin Akerman as doc. Tall, blonde, doesn’t put up with ****.

T-TownDawgg

Nov 4, 2015
Whether or not mstateglfrmthrfkr ever has a good point or not gets lost in his unparalleled ability to both alienate and insult his intended target with an impressive douchbaggyness few humans are capable of.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Your point was idiotic bc no one made a point that you had to be a tough son of a ***** to play a tough son of a ***** you dubmass.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Your point was idiotic bc no one made a point that you had to be a tough son of a ***** to play a tough son of a ***** you dubmass.

Oh
I took the below comment to, in part, mean someone who played a gay character 17 years ago isnt man enough/appropriate for the role of Dalton. Why call him 'brokeback Jake's?
I guess that comment means something totally different.

Brokeback Jake is playing ******* Dalton

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I don't think it's that writers are running out of ideas, I think it's the studios not willing to take a risk on new ideas. Unless, of course these ideas are, how do I put this , of a certain persuasion.

I think you are correct. They have no problem throwing down $250 million on a crappy Thor sequel or billions to hijack and screw over a Tolkien TV series thinly based on his thinnest fantasy/mythological book whose world that made money for Peter Jackson. I don't know how long this will continue but eventually they will tire of blaming the fans because they didn't like their movie which bombed and call them racists or women haters because they switched the main character from male female... who has no problem being the greatest ever without any work (the new Indy Jones is going to be a woman after they kill Harrison Ford?), but I am sure they will eventually get tired of losing money.

I don't have much hope for Hollywood because they live in a weird world within a strange bubble just outside of Fantasy Land.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login