Roadhouse...*sigh* a remake

SteelCurtain74

Oct 28, 2019
It would be nice if Hollywood could come up with some original content worth a damn instead of remaking classics or adding sequels to existing movies that don't need sequels. Beetlejuice 2 and Beverley Hills Cop 4 are set to come out later this year. Why, just why?

I saw Napoleon over the holidays. Good movie. Entertaining. Not sure about some of the historical accuracy but I didn't feel I wasted my time when I left.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
They had to wait for Terry Funk to die. They knew they would have to put Jake Gylenhall under 24 hour protection if they tried to make this while Terry was still alive.

Terry Funk 90S GIF

theoriginalSALTYdog

Jul 10, 2021
Ooooohhhh….I know…..me first…

Dalton-Tyson Lee (thought you’d be…bigger)
Garrett-Nick Fitzgerald
Moneybags bar owner-Charlie Winfield
Red Webster-Joe Lee Dunn

Cody-SEC football official

Brad Wesley- Billy Brewer
Jimmy-Marshall Henderson
Fat Bastard Jack-Stingray

Doc-Stacy the Sports Chick

I laughed at some of these........That's a damn good cast there...........

Austin Williams should play Garrett though.......He's the oldest player in MSU history although Ontario Harper would give him a run for his money.........

Last edited:

militarydog

Nov 9, 2012
It would be nice if Hollywood could come up with some original content worth a damn instead of remaking classics or adding sequels to existing movies that don't need sequels. Beetlejuice 2 and Beverley Hills Cop 4 are set to come out later this year. Why, just why?

I saw Napoleon over the holidays. Good movie. Entertaining. Not sure about some of the historical accuracy but I didn't feel I wasted my time when I left.
Coming 2 America completely ruined one of my all time favorite Eddie Murphy movies. Very rarely is a movie bad enough I cut it off but that movie did.

Reactions: CochiseCowbell

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
The third one SUCKED. The 1st two are two of the best movies ever made.
Disagree in part.

It didn’t suck.

It was a self-contained story compared to the other two movies which were an intentional two-part epic.

Coppola knew this which is why he wanted the title to be The Death of Michael Corleone.

Its title was forced upon him by Paramount. Being considered underwhelming was a fait accompli.

Reactions: Darryl Steight

ZombieKissinger

May 29, 2013
Disagree in part.

It didn’t suck.

It was a self-contained story compared to the other two movies which were an intentional two-part epic.

Coppola knew this which is why he wanted the title to be The Death of Michael Corleone.

Its title was forced upon him by Paramount. Being considered underwhelming was a fait accompli.
I thought the accomplis were Carlo and Tessio

• Haha
Reactions: Maroon Eagle

RevWGL

May 24, 2020
They have already screwed up Dirty Dancing and Red Dawn with horrible sequels/remakes. Is Outsiders next?

Dawgs_4_life

Jun 12, 2014
Next up: The Godfather Parts I and II remake, with Channing Tatum as Michael, Chris Pratt as Sonny, Samuel L Jackson as Vito, and Awkwafina as Kay.

Special appearance by the Rock and Kevin Hart as Clemenza and Tessio.

17 me.
Oh lord no. But if they make that movie........I'm kidnapping you and making you watch it with me. Opening 17'n night!

• Haha
Reactions: Darryl Steight

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
Disagree in part.

It didn’t suck.

I just thought it was a terrible movie no matter what was intended with it. I only watched it once, and I have the boxed set on DVD. I don't even really remember what happened in it. What I do remember is the acting was just.......bad.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
What I do remember is the acting was just.......bad.
Sofia Coppola was a weak last minute acting replacement for Winona Ryder but The Godfather movies aren’t just about family in front of cameras considering how many Coppolas have been involved in different roles…

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
They had to wait for Terry Funk to die. They knew they would have to put Jake Gylenhall under 24 hour protection if they tried to make this while Terry was still alive.

Terry Funk 90S GIF
Casting Jake Gylenhall as a badass cooler is almost as believable as casting Patrick Swayze as a badass cooler. Based on this, maybe the movie won't be too bad.

But now that I think about it, with no Terry Funk, no Sam Elliott, no Ben Gazzara, and no Kelly By God Lynch, it's probably gonna suck.

Reactions: Dawgg

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
Disagree in part.

It didn’t suck.

I thought it sucked. It was forced.

Corleone's daughter being cast as Coppola's daughter was a farce and she was terrible.

Andy Garcia gave her a run for her money for worst actor.

The plot line with the murder of the pope and all the stuff in the vatican was ridiculous.

The first two are masterpieces. I get your point about the format of the third being different but it was unintentionally funny with a ridiculous plot - something that you don't want associated with The Godfather epic. I saw an interview with Pacino once where he talked about how much he regretted doing the film.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
AlCorleone's daughter being cast as Coppola's daughter was a farce and she was terrible.

Andy Garcia gave her a run for her money for worst actor.

Agree on Sofia Coppola.

Andy García was actually pretty good and got an unexpected best supporting actor academy award nomination.

The plot line with the murder of the pope and all the stuff in the vatican was ridiculous.

Yeah. It’s a trope. But the reason why it’s a trope is that it’s happened before but perhaps not as recently but with that said don’t forget about the attempt on John Paul II:

The first two are masterpieces. I get your point about the format of the third being different but it was unintentionally funny with a ridiculous plot - something that you don't want associated with The Godfather epic. I saw an interview with Pacino once where he talked about how much he regretted doing the film.
They Pull Me Back In Al Pacino GIF by The Godfather

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login