Robbie Faulk did a walk through of the hump…

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
The improvements are nice but still shocked at the price.

We knocked out two walls. Club level and the main entrance where you can see the court. The main entrance we had from the mize pavilion last year is just as nice.
We can still flip it*****

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
Don’t we have a dorm under construction that cost $100mm for 410 beds? It’s unbelievable how irresponsible government spending is.
Yeah, Joe Lee broke that one down. All government entities waste so much money we should vote them all out, but this project seemed extremely egregious. Sounds like the hump reno has been handled the same way. If tax dollars went to it, I’m all for a legit audit.

JDawg13

Dec 10, 2018
Sounds like the people tailgating in the junction have already infiltrated the Hump. I had a hard time hearing Robbie over the blaring music when he was overlooking the court***

Dawg1976

Aug 22, 2012
Looks fine to me. Did we get our money's worth? Dunno. But anything related to building is crazy high.

Xenomorph

Feb 15, 2007
If you can afford to sit club level it's pretty sweet. If not?.. well.. you got some new lighting in the concourse.

Thebulldogcountry1

Nov 6, 2022
The improvements are nice but still shocked at the price.

We knocked out two walls. Club level and the main entrance where you can see the court. The main entrance we had from the mize pavilion last year is just as nice.
Reminds me of every house renovation show. $40k budget, and they spend half of it on one beam so they can have that “open concept “.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
It’s not bad. Club level seems tiny though and yeah as was mentioned, the price tag makes it seem like we got a bad deal. If we didn’t know the cost of the project you wouldn’t see as many complaints.

There are good things for sure, though.

For $50 million, I expect more than It’s not bad.

That’s damning with faint praise.

• Haha
Reactions: Mr. Cook

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
Don’t we have a dorm under construction that cost $100mm for 410 beds? It’s unbelievable how irresponsible government spending is.
Don't forget the "community center" along with the dorm. To relocate some of our "tailgating".

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Do you guys really think the contractor cheated or overcharged in some way? It was bid. Shlt just costs a lot more these days. Crazy how the right winger in folks comes out when it comes to the 'gubmint'.

If you want to bltch about the project itself and its scope, that's fine. But I promise you the contractor didn't get rich........and may have even went in the hole.

Reactions: Darryl Steight

Xenomorph

Feb 15, 2007
Rich people got some good stuff. The rest of us got fresh paint!

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
Do you guys really think the contractor cheated or overcharged in some way? It was bid. Shlt just costs a lot more these days. Crazy how the right winger in folks comes out when it comes to the 'gubmint'.

If you want to bltch about the project itself and its scope, that's fine. But I promise you the contractor didn't get rich........and may have even went in the hole.

I don’t think anyone is blaming the contractor. It’s on us to get bang for our buck.

Brokerdawg

Jul 1, 2012
For some crazy reason I feel like Robbie might be posting here more at some point. DS posting this confirms my craziness.

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
Thank God we play actual games this week so some of us will actually step foot in the building. Just imagine the bitching and moaning then. Sheesh.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login