Roman Reigns keeps title??

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
It lost the fun a long time ago. Bugs Bunny cartoons for adults. They killed the cartoons first now wrestling. Funny but not funny.

Dawghouse

Sep 14, 2011
It lost the fun a long time ago. Bugs Bunny cartoons for adults. They killed the cartoons first now wrestling. Funny but not funny.
Or maybe you outgrew it? Just saying I gave up wrestling decades ago, they have their target market and I suspect you aren't in that target anymore.

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
I got back into it just because my 7 year old likes it.

It will never be like it was 20 years ago simply because of the new social climate. Parts of it are still worth watching, but most of it isn't.

I don't get the Roman Reigns love. He's really boring to me. I think if he didn't have the belt, no one would give a crap about him.

Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
I got back into it just because my 7 year old likes it.

It will never be like it was 20 years ago simply because of the new social climate. Parts of it are still worth watching, but most of it isn't.

I don't get the Roman Reigns love. He's really boring to me. I think if he didn't have the belt, no one would give a crap about him.

I don’t watch much but he’s by far a better heel than when he was a babyface.

Reactions: Dawgg

OldVideoGuy

Jun 25, 2021
Or maybe you outgrew it? Just saying I gave up wrestling decades ago, they have their target market and I suspect you aren't in that target anymore.
Well it's hard for me to enjoy it as my wife sits there and constantly goes that's not real as she's watching her medical shows like Grey's Anatomy - never knew that they really operated on people on those shows!

Reactions: HD6

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
It's entertainment. Yeah, I grew up on it when I was a kid watching it with my grandmother and I watched it as an adult when it was entertaining. Its not supposed to be Dowton Abbey.

Reactions: aTotal360

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
Rumor is that Endeavor wanted the belt on Roman so they could decide who he drops it to.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
For those of us that suffered through baby face Roman from 2014-2020, this heel version of him is a million times better. And love him or hate him there’s no denying that his title matches feel like a big deal. Can’t say that about any other champion in the last decade.

I personally have not connected with the Cody story as much as others so I don’t mind Roman winning last night. Doesn’t mean Cody can’t beat him eventually, just wasn’t convinced last night was the time for THAT story. Having said that, I thought they missed the boat with Sami Zayn in Montreal. I think there’s a compelling case that Roman should’ve lost the belts to Sami by now. That story that’s been going on for almost a year is the most interesting thing WWE has done in a long time. The moment of Zayn/KO beating the Usos on Saturday night was fantastic, hugely emotional match.

Reactions: OldVideoGuy

peewee.sixpack

Nov 4, 2014
For those of us that suffered through baby face Roman from 2014-2020, this heel version of him is a million times better. And love him or hate him there’s no denying that his title matches feel like a big deal. Can’t say that about any other champion in the last decade.

I personally have not connected with the Cody story as much as others so I don’t mind Roman winning last night. Doesn’t mean Cody can’t beat him eventually, just wasn’t convinced last night was the time for THAT story. Having said that, I thought they missed the boat with Sami Zayn in Montreal. I think there’s a compelling case that Roman should’ve lost the belts to Sami by now. That story that’s been going on for almost a year is the most interesting thing WWE has done in a long time. The moment of Zayn/KO beating the Usos on Saturday night was fantastic, hugely emotional match.

I watched wrestling growing up and quit watching after I got out of college (1999 timeframe). I have a 15 year old son that loves it and his favorite wrestler is Sami Zane. It is funny b/c there are very few Sami Zane fans and when we went to wrestlemania last year there were only 2 Sami shirts vs tons of everyone else. I will say I have been to a ton of sporting events but I was not prepared to see Wrestlemania. That was the best show I have ever seen by far and to watch it in Jerry's World made it even more special. My son wanted to go to Hollywood this year but with his sister graduating from HS this I just couldn't pull it off. I hope we can make another one in the near future.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
We had some folks over last night watching it and the air just left the room after that ending.

I may not even watch this week.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
I watched wrestling growing up and quit watching after I got out of college (1999 timeframe). I have a 15 year old son that loves it and his favorite wrestler is Sami Zane. It is funny b/c there are very few Sami Zane fans and when we went to wrestlemania last year there were only 2 Sami shirts vs tons of everyone else. I will say I have been to a ton of sporting events but I was not prepared to see Wrestlemania. That was the best show I have ever seen by far and to watch it in Jerry's World made it even more special. My son wanted to go to Hollywood this year but with his sister graduating from HS this I just couldn't pull it off. I hope we can make another one in the near future.
I bet that was different this weekend. Sami has gone over big time in the last few months and that’s a huge credit to the creative team because they allowed that. I mean last year he was fighting Johnny Knoxville in a gimmick match.

Cody is going to have the same issue he had in AEW. He just doesn’t have the personality or backstory to be a face to older fans. You saw it last night, even with his incredible story of coming back to WWE and fighting through a torn pec then getting to face one of the most hated heel champions of all time there were people still booing him. Older fans still love the no nonsense face like Stone Cold or Lesner, the hilarious face like Jericho or Foley, or the absurdly charismatic one like Cena and Rock

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
Zayn has exploded in popularity in the last year. His comedy match with Johnny Knoxville a year ago was outstanding. And then he got inserted into the Bloodline story and got REEEEALLLY popular. The crowd support he got at those Montreal shows in February was unreal, felt like they could’ve made him the champion then and gotten an insane, once in a lifetime crowd reaction. But they had other plans.

My wrestling story is like most, I watched in the early 2000’s and lost interest once we got into the Cena era. But I did come back around when I graduated college in 2015, largely because I just happened to be channel flipping one night and stumbled upon a debuting Kevin Owens, who was super interesting to me. Still a big KO fan so naturally I grew to really like Sami Zayn as well. KO got his big break years before Sami did, but Sami is one of the most popular wrestlers in the world right now.

My personal preference is more toward AEW’s style of wrestling than WWE, but AEW has its issues too, other than MJF and the occasional Omega or Danielson match they’ve gotten a bit stale in the last six months or so. Feels like they’ve had a hard time since all the CM Punk drama.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login