Rose Zhang & Teaira McCowan

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
I know bringing up females doing sports things is generally frowned upon in these parts, but for those of you who don't know who the hell Rose Zhang is, she's an impressive girl golfer.

She very recently won her 2nd straight NCAA championship, then turned pro and immediately won her first LPGA event. Only the 2nd girl type person to ever do that. Now, this afternoon she is one stroke off the lead on the back 9 of her second LPGA event, the KPMG Women's PGA, a major for the little ladies. It's on NBC.

Oh, and Teaira McCowan is playing pro women's basketball for Dallas on ABC right now.

baddawggy

Jun 12, 2018
I know bringing up females doing sports things is generally frowned upon in these parts, but for those of you who don't know who the hell Rose Zhang is, she's an impressive girl golfer.

She very recently won her 2nd straight NCAA championship, then turned pro and immediately won her first LPGA event. Only the 2nd girl type person to ever do that. Now, this afternoon she is one stroke off the lead on the back 9 of her second LPGA event, the KPMG Women's PGA, a major for the little ladies. It's on NBC.

Oh, and Teaira McCowan is playing pro women's basketball for Dallas on ABC right now.
thank god i read this i thought you were going to say they were lovers or got married.

AstroDog

Oct 5, 2022
Think Teaira already has her a woman spouse. Seems like I heard that somewhere not too long ago.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Think Teaira already has her a woman spouse. Seems like I heard that somewhere not too long ago.
True?

She is a Turkish citizen now, so I just figured she is single or keeps her personal life really quiet if she is gay.

Disclaimers- no idea what her orientation is. No idea what turkey's stated policies or acted on policies are.

AstroDog

Oct 5, 2022
True?

She is a Turkish citizen now, so I just figured she is single or keeps her personal life really quiet if she is gay.

Disclaimers- no idea what her orientation is. No idea what turkey's stated policies or acted on policies are.
Of all the countries one could be a citizen of, Turkey is not on my list. That's a strange desire to become a Turkish citizen.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
True?

If she isn’t a USA citizen, then she should be really open about her sexuality. Bc only in the USA do lgbtqlahshkad get persecuted. We are a terrible country who treat minorities like slaves.

• Haha
Reactions: Fishsqeezer

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Of all the countries one could be a citizen of, Turkey is not on my list. That's a strange desire to become a Turkish citizen.
It's to be able to represent a country in international basketball. They can then play for the country if they have t played for the US as an adult, and they can count as a domestic player since many foreign leagues have a cap on the number of foreign players allowed per team.

Dee Boat is now Bulgarian, for example.

Turkey isn't one I would want to represent either.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
If she isn’t a USA citizen, then she should be really open about her sexuality. Bc only in the USA do lgbtqlahshkad get persecuted. We are a terrible country who treat minorities like slaves.
I believe she holds dual citizenship, like most pro basketball players who gain citizenship in another country.

As for your post, that isn't something to use as an example of your best work on here. It seems mailed in.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
I believe she holds dual citizenship, like most pro basketball players who gain citizenship in another country.

As for your post, that isn't something to use as an example of your best work on here. It seems mailed in.
It’s seems like sarcasm to me.

bc as a minority or lgbtq living in this country is the best option you have on planet earth as it pertains to human rights and the pursuit of happiness.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Shocking that this turned into an LGBT........ discussion.***

Zhang faded a bit, but I've got a feeling she'll be a a future #1 in the world kinda player.

McCowan had 14 and 8 in a loss. Looks like she's been injured some this season and is just getting back to full strength.

Interesting that she's teammates with our nemesis from the 2018 championship, Ogunbowale.

Reactions: mstateglfr

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022

I enjoy watching The Ladies every now and then. Now that I'm 60 I can learn more from them than watching the guys cuz if I attempted to swing like Rory I'd injure my groin and possibly other internal organs. They are amazingly accurate on those 160 yard approach shots. The biggest gaps separating themselves from The Men is driving distance and kinda surprisingly putting.

Reactions: jethreauxdawg

FQDawg

May 1, 2006
Oh so you think other places are better off than the USA? Name them.
The U.S. generally doesn't even make the Top 20 for social acceptance of the LGBTQ+ community.

Country
GAI

Rank
Iceland9.781
Netherlands9.462
Norway9.383
Sweden9.184
Canada9.025
Spain8.776
Denmark8.697
Ireland8.418
Great Britain8.349
New Zealand8.2310
Australia8.0311
Malta8.0112
Switzerland813
Finland7.9614
Belgium7.9515
Uruguay7.916
Nepal7.8417
Luxembourg7.8218
France7.7319
Germany7.7320
Puerto Rico7.5221
Andorra7.4822
United States7.4223
Brazil7.2224
Austria7.225

Reactions: chuckster.sixpack

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
The U.S. generally doesn't even make the Top 20 for social acceptance of the LGBTQ+ community.

Country
GAI

Rank
Iceland9.781
Netherlands9.462
Norway9.383
Sweden9.184
Canada9.025
Spain8.776
Denmark8.697
Ireland8.418
Great Britain8.349
New Zealand8.2310
Australia8.0311
Malta8.0112
Switzerland813
Finland7.9614
Belgium7.9515
Uruguay7.916
Nepal7.8417
Luxembourg7.8218
France7.7319
Germany7.7320
Puerto Rico7.5221
Andorra7.4822
United States7.4223
Brazil7.2224
Austria7.225
Maybe reread my post. I’ve copied it below.

bc as a minority or lgbtq living in this country is the best option you have on planet earth as it pertains to human rights and the pursuit of happiness.

FQDawg

May 1, 2006
Maybe reread my post. I’ve copied it below.

Yeah, I read it. And I provided proof that shows you're wrong.

FQDawg

May 1, 2006
It’s hard to be racist when everyone is white right?
If only there were places we could read about the experiences of people of color living in or visiting Iceland. Where they might talk about how people might stare at them or make inadvertently rude comments about their hair but how they feel much safer in Iceland than they do in the U.S.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
If only there were places we could read about the experiences of people of color living in or visiting Iceland. Where they might talk about how people might stare at them or make inadvertently rude comments about their hair but how they feel much safer in Iceland than they do in the U.S.

Maybe because they're in Iceland, not West Jackson?

See what you made me do. This was a sports post.

FQDawg

May 1, 2006
Maybe because they're in Iceland, not West Jackson?
Yes, that was exactly my point. Iceland and other countries are better for LGBTQ+ people than the U.S. And people of color often feel safer in places like Iceland than they do in the U.S.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Yes, that was exactly my point. Iceland and other countries are better for LGBTQ+ people than the U.S. And people of color often feel safer in places like Iceland than they do in the U.S.

You really are a know it all douche, who doesn't know much that's real.

It needs to be said.

Again.

FQDawg

May 1, 2006
You really are a know it all douche, who doesn't know much that's real.

It needs to be said.

Again.
I do know a lot of things but even I don’t think I know it all. You’re welcome to show me where I’m wrong.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
I do know a lot of things but even I don’t think I know it all. You’re welcome to show me where I’m wrong.

You know things, but you don't understand things.

A little wisdom will come for you with age, hopefully.

FQDawg

May 1, 2006
You know things, but you don't understand things.

A little wisdom will come for you with age, hopefully.
What don’t I understand? The initial claim was that the LGBTQ+ community and minorities were better off in the US than anywhere else in the world in terms of human rights. I provided info that showed, for at least the LGBTQ+ community, that isn’t true. Please feel free to share some info that refutes that.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
What don’t I understand? The initial claim was that the LGBTQ+ community and minorities were better off in the US than anywhere else in the world in terms of human rights. I provided info that showed, for at least the LGBTQ+ community, that isn’t true. Please feel free to share some info that refutes that.

I actually feel very free to not get into any debates with you because it's completely pointless.

But I do genuinely wish you well and hope you get out of whatever bubble you're in that doesn't allow you to see the world as clearly as you should.

OopsICroomedmypants

Sep 29, 2022
I think anyone feels safer in Iceland than West Jackson.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login