Rosebowl’s Boneyard today: we had inside info about Auburn’s audibles in the 2-3 debacle.

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
If this doesn’t define the Sly Croom error, I don’t know what ever will. Worst effing coach I’ve ever seen, and even he got us to a bowl game.

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
I can’t make it through Rosebowl’s podcasts anymore. It was always a bit of a stretch, but now it’s 75 to 90 minutes of “so, we win the toss and elect to defer”.

He’s also bad about “Let’s take a look at La Tech’s schedule last year. They started off with UT Martin in Ruston…”

Reactions: eckie1

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
I can’t make it through Rosebowl’s podcasts anymore. It was always a bit of a stretch, but now it’s 75 to 90 minutes of “so, we win the toss and elect to defer”.

He’s also bad about “Let’s take a look at La Tech’s schedule last year. They started off with UT Martin in Ruston…”
Yeah, today he was going through the ins and outs of every season since 2000 for some reason. I don’t usually listen, but thought he might mention something about the baseball portal, which he didn’t.

Between these ramblings and another dumb top 10, I somehow caught this nugget.

Reactions: 57stratdawg

DawginEthel

Jan 2, 2023

Less and less sports info about state....

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
Well we held them to 3 points. Hahaha.

But Rosey also said we played Oregon close in 2002. Hahahaha. No. It was 21-0 in the first quarter after 3 Oregon possessions.

Maybe he was thinking of 2003, where we were down 28-0 in the first quarter and rallied to make it semi-interesting, only lost by 8.

But then proceeded to go 2-10

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
We had about 8 years of misery then Mullen came in and made a losing season feel like a winning season and we were one play away from beating LSU and getting to a bowl game and we won the Egg Bowl. Tickets sales went up and we have been on a good run ever since. Stadium got expanded, got to number one it was good times. I just don't want another 8 years of misery. It was miserable. I hate to say it but when I see Croom I get sick to my stomach. I can't stand to look at the guy. He sucked as a coach.

BingleCocktail

May 25, 2014
THE PITCHING WAS FINE. WE FAILED TO HAVE TIMELY HITTING....AGAIN.

beating a dead horse wtf GIF

• Haha

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
We had about 8 years of misery then Mullen came in and made a losing season feel like a winning season and we were one play away from beating LSU and getting to a bowl game and we won the Egg Bowl. Tickets sales went up and we have been on a good run ever since. Stadium got expanded, got to number one it was good times. I just don't want another 8 years of misery. It was miserable. I hate to say it but when I see Croom I get sick to my stomach. I can't stand to look at the guy. He sucked as a coach.
2009 was a very fun year to have season tickets. There was big energy around everything at the time. All the home game tailgates were awesome.

Big Dawg81

Oct 7, 2019
Yeah, today he was going through the ins and outs of every season since 2000 for some reason. I don’t usually listen, but thought he might mention something about the baseball portal, which he didn’t.

Between these ramblings and another dumb top 10, I somehow caught this nugget.
Nothing to report on the baseball portal. I believe State is done. Montgomery will stay at Stanford and then the portal is over.

• Sad

Johnnie Come Lately

Nov 4, 2022
Maybe he was thinking of 2003, where we were down 28-0 in the first quarter and rallied to make it semi-interesting, only lost by 8.

But then proceeded to go 2-10
When wore all white (at home) for that game under the theory that it would give us an even bigger advantage over Oregon in the September heat.

Johnnie Come Lately

Nov 4, 2022
If this doesn’t define the Sly Croom error, I don’t know what ever will. Worst effing coach I’ve ever seen, and even he got us to a bowl game.
In other words, had we not had the inside information, we would not have even gotten a safety and it would have just been another garden variety 30+ point loss at the hands of Auburn.

• Haha

HammerOfTheDogs

Aug 6, 2004
When wore all white (at home) for that game under the theory that it would give us an even bigger advantage over Oregon in the September heat.
Then they proceeded to schedule the kickoff at 8:00 p.m. to negate the heat. I remember Oregon came out in all flourescent yellow for that game.

MagicDawg

Nov 11, 2010

Regular shows -- radio, tv, or stage -- quickly churn through actual content and eventually force the presenter to use filler and to dwell on less important things. (Pick any 24-hour news network as further evidence...)

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
In other words, had we not had the inside information, we would not have even gotten a safety and it would have just been another garden variety 30+ point loss at the hands of Auburn.
I still think we win 4-3 if we punted at the end. Our punter was dialed in that game. Defense could’ve gotten another safety

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login