Rosebowls' Books

FormerBully

Sep 2, 2022
I have never read any of his books. Are they any good? Do they have a random top 10 list halfway through that no one asked for?

• Haha
Reactions: MStateDawg

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
I’m an avid reader and I’ve bought all of them. As a piece of Ms State memorabilia, they are great. It’ll be something you’re proud to have years from now. As a piece of great Literature , not so much.

QuadrupleOption

Aug 21, 2012
I thought Flim-Flam did a good job of laying out the facts of Ole Miss' NCAA troubles, why he wrote it (they basically all colluded to call him a liar), and showed that he's the only working journalist in the state worth a damn.

We might get pissed when he reports facts on MSU's run-ins with the NCAA but at least he's reporting facts and not spewing whatever talking points the admin decides he needs to spew.

HumpDawgy

Apr 6, 2010
I'm glad he has stepped up to tell our stories and really appreciate his efforts in doing so. Hopefully he has been well compensated with his work. That said, my critique from reading his books is that he gets repetitive at times and too detail oriented in each and every play of a competition. As a fan and reader, I want to read about the inside stories that most of us don't know about. In Flim Flam, there were a few of these, but most of it we had already heard about and I was expecting more inside information. Reading Dawgpile was hard for me because it just seemed to recount each and every at bat of each game instead of what was going on with the team during the season.

Reactions: wrapit

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
I have never read any of his books. Are they any good? Do they have a random top 10 list halfway through that no one asked for?
I, like you, have never purchased or read any of them and after reading these replies doubt I ever will

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
With unbiased investigative journalism no longer what it used to be, he deserves an award for goin' thru phone records.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login