Rosie just said he'd be "surprised" if it's Chadwell

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
So book it, Chadwell is our next coach.
I don't know what people expect from the fan site writers. I get that they have a product to sell and can't just say "our administration is competent so I am going to be the last person anybody leaks to because it would be a fireable offense and the information is held tightly enough that it'd be easy to track down who leaked it, so the only leaks are going to come from boosters that have to sign off on the money being made available or from agents that are using the situation to get a raise rather than being honestly interested in the job."

But seriously, the only people that should pay attention at all are members of the athletic department to make sure nobody needs to be fired.

Maybe I'm giving too much credit to our athletic department, the last two hires certainly seemed like a shitshow with lots of info leaking out before hand, but it seems much better this time.

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
That board has become the mouthpiece for a certain group that doesn't have the best interests of State. It's about the same old Templeton crowd. They're trying to will Odom and Fritz into the job.

Other Kind

Oct 15, 2022
That board has become the mouthpiece for a certain group that doesn't have the best interests of State. It's about the same old Templeton crowd. They're trying to will Odom and Fritz into the job.
Yep. Rosebowl also promised it was Odom too right before it was Leach. The guy constantly misses.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
Robbie says Chadwell is definitely interested in the job and anyone saying otherwise is flat wrong. Also I heard they had some big money donors that wanted Chadwell and already agreed to cover the buyout. True or false idk. But thats what I have heard so far

Reactions: OopsICroomedmypants

Duke Humphrey

Oct 3, 2013
Chadwell still has two games to play, so he is having to put out some smoke to at least try and keep his folks focused, if he really is interested

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Rosie and Bo seem to be pushing Odom, I'm worried.

Fritz would be very underwhelming, he's had two good years since 2016 and those two are with a generational QB. I'm also concerned about how hard he's going to grind against Kiffin, Freeze and BK. He's now competing against the USAs and La Techs of the world in recruiting.

Reactions: Rupert Jenkins

Mjoelner

Sep 2, 2006
I can't wait for him to tell us how he knew all along and just couldn't say anything.

Top 10 "I knew it all along" songs
Don't worry. If that happens it won't just be Rosey. There will also be around a dozen posters on here and ED that say the same thing. Its really simple though, if you throw enough darts, one will hit the bullseye. Then, you make sure that's the ONLY dart you ever talk about. That is also the schtick of around 99% of the talking heads on sports radio.

travis.sixpack

Mar 3, 2008
So book it, Chadwell is our next coach.
Bo Bounds asked Steve who his favorites are that State is targeting. Steve said:

Gus Malzahn (he's not sure how realistic that is)
Barry Odom (meh)
Mike Elko (okay)
Dave Doeren (🤮)

No mention of any G5 coaches, although he did say there were other candidates we've talked to.

uptowndawg

Jul 15, 2010
Chadwell still has two games to play, so he is having to put out some smoke to at least try and keep his folks focused, if he really is interested
That's interesting and something I haven't thought of. DS had an earlier thread polling what day you would start to worry if we hadn't made a hire yet. Most said they'd start to worry on Monday or Tuesday next week. Without making comment on the probability of a chadwell hire... IF he is the hire, would we announce while he still has a regular season game left or wait till after the Liberty/NMS game on Dec. 1st? Does excitement start to build instead of die going into mid next week without an announcement?

Duke Humphrey

Oct 3, 2013
IF he is the hire, would we announce while he still has a regular season game left or wait till after the Liberty/NMS game on Dec. 1st?
No way you announce that before 12/1. If you recall, when UM hired Lane, FAU on CUSA title Saturday afternoon and word leaked. UM put out the official announcement an hour or so later.

Reactions: uptowndawg

ETK99

Jul 30, 2019
Rosie and Bo seem to be pushing Odom, I'm worried.

Fritz would be very underwhelming, he's had two good years since 2016 and those two are with a generational QB. I'm also concerned about how hard he's going to grind against Kiffin, Freeze and BK. He's now competing against the USAs and La Techs of the world in recruiting.
Those two are basically one and the same. They'll be saying the same thing. Bo Bounds should be eliminated by State fans.

Zarbok

Dec 2, 2022
That's interesting and something I haven't thought of. DS had an earlier thread polling what day you would start to worry if we hadn't made a hire yet. Most said they'd start to worry on Monday or Tuesday next week. Without making comment on the probability of a chadwell hire... IF he is the hire, would we announce while he still has a regular season game left or wait till after the Liberty/NMS game on Dec. 1st? Does excitement start to build instead of die going into mid next week without an announcement?
Is worry after the sec title game tbh

Reactions: uptowndawg

tenureplan

Dec 3, 2008
No next week the narrative will become that Salmon missed on his first, second, and third choices.

MaroonOldCrow

Aug 22, 2012
Keep in mind, in situations like this the writers are going to push what the AD wants pushed, whether they know anything about what the administration is actually doing or not. That's the price they pay to maintain access.

It doesn't hurt them because it drives clicks.

uptowndawg

Jul 15, 2010
Keep in mind, in situations like this the writers are going to push what the AD wants pushed, whether they know anything about what the administration is actually doing or not. That's the price they pay to maintain access.

It doesn't hurt them because it drives clicks.
Not to say you’re wrong, because I wouldn’t know but seems like the writers are also in prime position to become the puppets for coaches and their agents looking to promote their own brand. Meaning it will be hard for us to tell what’s coming from the ad on purpose vs what’s coming from an agent looking to uplift a client.

p.s.

IMG_1167.jpeg

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
I don't know what people expect from the fan site writers. I get that they have a product to sell and can't just say "our administration is competent so I am going to be the last person anybody leaks to because it would be a fireable offense and the information is held tightly enough that it'd be easy to track down who leaked it, so the only leaks are going to come from boosters that have to sign off on the money being made available or from agents that are using the situation to get a raise rather than being honestly interested in the job."

But seriously, the only people that should pay attention at all are members of the athletic department to make sure nobody needs to be fired.

Maybe I'm giving too much credit to our athletic department, the last two hires certainly seemed like a shitshow with lots of info leaking out before hand, but it seems much better this time.
What do you mean info leaked out?
it’s the same as Mullen, Moorhead, leach etc

people post rumors
They have no idea what they are talking about

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
What do you mean info leaked out?
it’s the same as Mullen, Moorhead, leach etc

people post rumors
They have no idea what they are talking about
There were legitimate leaks before the Moorhead and leach hire. Certainly some and possibly all of those were 100% the fault of agents looking to get raises rather than get their client hired by msu.

Maybe there were legitimate leaks before Mullen also and I just wasn’t in a position to hear whether they were legitimate or not.

And maybe in another month or two I’ll know some of the rumors now we’re actually legitimate.

but as of right now, to me this seems similar to the Mullen hire and very different from the Moorhead and leach hire as far as leaks.

could also be that we’re doing this hire during the season so that cuts out leaks from the prospective coaches.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Actually, I’d be surprised too. Good coach, but not worth what we’d have to pay him for the risk.
if the coach is head coach of a team playing next weekend, we’d wait till Dec 5.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
There were legitimate leaks before the Moorhead and leach hire. Certainly some and possibly all of those were 100% the fault of agents looking to get raises rather than get their client hired by msu.

Maybe there were legitimate leaks before Mullen also and I just wasn’t in a position to hear whether they were legitimate or not.

And maybe in another month or two I’ll know some of the rumors now we’re actually legitimate.

but as of right now, to me this seems similar to the Mullen hire and very different from the Moorhead and leach hire as far as leaks.

could also be that we’re doing this hire during the season so that cuts out leaks from the prospective coaches.
What legit leaks were going on during Moorhead and leach?

Be specific

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login