Running Qbs

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
In our history the best years always seem to be dynamic athletic qbs. Outside of last year under leach. Without leach I believe that's who we are. We need a dynamic athletic qb. We looked a lot better with wright there. If this is the new offense we are running, we need the athletic qb to stay in the game on the field.

Reactions: patdog

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
For this season, we need to pick a path. Either Rogers and 4+ WRs, or Wright and the Barbay offense. Trying to blend the shlt ain’t working.

Long term, yes, MSU has always and should always use a dual threat QB, even if the throwing part isn’t up to snuff. Which is why Cohens hire if Leach was so puzzling.

But now that we are here, I say use the plethora of WRs we have, rather than the thin TE. This is Moorhead level idiocy so far in this game.

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
I agree. Pick a way. Pick an identity. This reminds me of Moorhead in 18 and Mullen in 16. Decide who you gonna be and what works best. They better line up. If you have a better passing team do that. If you have a better running team do that. See kiffin.

Last edited:

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
We have a ton of capable WRs but unfortunately we just don’t have a QB that can do the job. It may just be time to use Wright. But we’re going to have to lose a winnable game before they are convinced to do that, I’m afraid.

Either way, my long term outlook on Arnett has not been helped by this game.

This team probably would have been damn good with Leach coaching it. That’s the shame of it all.

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
That's why I like wright. Defense thinks he's gonna keep it or accounts for qb. Creed takes it to the house on a long run.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login