Ryan Silverfield, why hasn't his name been mentioned?

Pookieray

Oct 14, 2012
Memphis has had several coaches in the past 10+ years that have been very good. Just curious why he's been overlooked by the pack?

Pookieray

Oct 14, 2012
Memphis would happily let us have him.
I live in DeSoto Co and I haven't heard anything negative about him but nothing positive either I suppose. However, he's kept them winning and at Memphis that isn't an easy thing to do. I'm not saying I think he's the right person for the job but was just curious as to why he shouldn't be a consideration.

Reactions: Doubledawgblitz

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
Guessing that's a no from you?
He took over a G5 powerhouse that Norvell built and has just been meh. His previous two years to this one he was right at .500. I’ve also heard he doesn’t do much to promote the program in Memphis and is a dull, boring guy. I would like to hire someone who will promote the program and bring some excitement. Silverfield doesn’t appear to be that guy.

Reactions: HWY51dog

Pookieray

Oct 14, 2012
Fuente was great at Memphis but was meh at Virginia Tech and got fired.
I had forgotten his name but I recall now that he didn't really pan out at his next stop. I would think Memphis would be a difficult job with all the talent in the area being pulled by the SEC schools and even further away.

patdog

May 28, 2007
I had forgotten his name but I recall now that he didn't really pan out at his next stop. I would think Memphis would be a difficult job with all the talent in the area being pulled by the SEC schools and even further away.
It’s a lot easier to win at Memphis now that the top half of their conference is in the Big 12.

Reactions: Pookieray

HWY51dog

Jul 24, 2013
He took over a G5 powerhouse that Norvell built and has just been meh. His previous two years to this one he was right at .500. I’ve also heard he doesn’t do much to promote the program in Memphis and is a dull, boring guy. I would like to hire someone who will promote the program and bring some excitement. Silverfield doesn’t appear to be that guy.
This….Memphis fans complain constantly because he doesn’t promote or bring any excitement to the program.

Reactions: Pookieray

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Fuente was great at Memphis but was meh at Virginia Tech and got fired.

Norvell was very meh until last season too but he wasn't left w/ much at Crab Leg Tech. Remains to be seen if he can maintain or be a flash in the pan.

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
I heard them discussing him on sports56 a few weeks back. The sentiment was he isn't exciting enough and can't get over the hump of winning the AAC.

I will laugh when he leaves and they hire another Larry Porter.

Last edited:
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login