Ryland Goede Commits

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
Definitely a legit tight end that should perform well. Plus a very talented volley ball player. Good fit and should provide a nice target for Will.

TrueMaroonGrind

Jan 6, 2017
Undefeated for all of time.

ETA: Is this another Georgia TE? Don’t we have another already on the way?

Uncle Ruckus

Apr 1, 2011
Not trying to be a downer but he just played his fourth year of college football as a tight end and he does not have one reception. Hopefully he’s a great blocker.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
I think that's probly why he is here. Kinda hard to get playing time behind those guys

TaleofTwoDogs

Jun 1, 2004

Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Glad to have them both. She may be the better get (besides the obvious) in pure ability within each sport. Alexa Fortin, played all 120 sets for an NCAA tourney team.

Brother is Arkansas backup QB Cade Fortin, who played against us this year.

retire the banner

Dec 29, 2022
This is a good instance of the portal working in our favor. We get a highly recruited TE with two years left of eligibility who was with the best program in the country the last several years.

No idea how much of an impact he’ll make, but before the portal if we signed a juco TE there would much more unknowns in my opinion. We’re getting portal SEC players(Goede, Albert, Raydar Jones, Wright) with 2-3 years of eligibility remaining that have already been in the SEC environment. NCAA needs to tweak the rules but the portal has been really good to MSU.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Not trying to be a downer but he just played his fourth year of college football as a tight end and he does not have one reception. Hopefully he’s a great blocker.
He missed one season and part of another with an injury. Considering UGA's TE room, I don't think the fact he couldn't get playing time necessarily means much. Just no way of knowing how good he will or won't be. In any case, he's better than what we had yesterday at that position.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
He missed one season and part of another with an injury. Considering UGA's TE room, I don't think the fact he couldn't get playing time necessarily means much. Just no way of knowing how good he will or won't be. In any case, he's better than what we had yesterday at that position.
He really could be a legit NFL prospect and we wouldn't know.

I'm not expecting that by any means, but I'm guessing he will be a solid TE.

retire the banner

Dec 29, 2022
Arik Gilbert? He played in three games. I think we can all say now that he's a bum
Goede isn’t playing in front of arguably the greatest TE ‘prospect’ of all time. As you alluded to, I don’t think the Gilbert story will end well unfortunately.

Regardless, the point remains - UGA has the best TE room in the country with D Washington & Bowers (and Gilbert as 3rd string). That’s why Goede didn’t play.

Uncle Ruckus

Apr 1, 2011
Goede isn’t playing in front of arguably the greatest TE ‘prospect’ of all time. As you alluded to, I don’t think the Gilbert story will end well unfortunately.

Regardless, the point remains - UGA has the best TE room in the country with D Washington & Bowers (and Gilbert as 3rd string). That’s why Goede didn’t play.
I hope you're right. I'm just not going to get all giddy over someone who has played college football for four years and hasn't caught a single pass. It's not like UGA has been in nail-biters every game either. He should have had ample time in mop-up duty to snag a catch.

maroonmania

Feb 23, 2008
Not really sure what we've got with Goede since he has only ever played in mop up time but I would be a little more excited if he was going to be here for Spring practice. Still can't believe we can't find one decent TE transfer from somewhere that would be available for Spring. Also doesn't look like we are going after any HS TEs in the second signing period.

retire the banner

Dec 29, 2022
I hope you're right. I'm just not going to get all giddy over someone who has played college football for four years and hasn't caught a single pass. It's not like UGA has been in nail-biters every game either. He should have had ample time in mop-up duty to snag a catch.
The reactions I’ve seen have been pretty levelheaded, cautiously optimistic he can be a solid addition.

1993DawgAlum

Dec 30, 2018
Well….regardless whether you are buy or sell on the Tight-end transfer from UGA, I would guess he’s the only guy in our locker room with 2 NC rings. Let’s see what he brings to the table.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login