Saints new TE....Jeremy Shockey ?

TilloDawg

May 26, 2006
Mort says it's a strong possibility, but the Saints will have to pony up more than just a 2nd round pick for him.

HammerOfTheDogs

Aug 6, 2004
The Giants showed they don't need his ego, while in New Orleans Drew Brees won't put up with his **** in the huddle. Then, maybe Shockey will actually do something more than whine every time he doesn't have a pass thrown his way, drop the passes that ARE thrown to him, and get put on the injured reserve for half of every season.

FQDawg

May 1, 2006
Quote:_________________________________________________Then, maybe Shockey will actually do something more than whine every time he doesn't have a pass thrown his way, drop the passes that ARE thrown to him, and get put on the injured reserve for half of every season. _________________________________________________

That's a HUGE maybe. I don't see this as working out well for the Saints at all.

oem

Feb 23, 2008
Quote:_________________________________________________get put on the injured reserve for half of every season._________________________________________________

He's had one year when he hasn't played in at least 14 games.

Are you suggesting that he should have played through his fractured fibula?

lawdawg02

Jan 23, 2007
but he needs one more weapon that can get downfield. shockey, when healthy and happy, is one of the best TEs in the nfl. his presence in the middle will help colston and the other receivers.

i still think a big problem is that colston is a great #2 receiver, but not a great #1. he broke out while teams still focused on horn. maybe meachem can step up this year. i don't know if shockey is worth more than a 2nd rounder.

bulldog saints fan

May 23, 2006
He had 98 catches for 1202 yards and 11 TDs last season. He is a legit #1 receiver.

I do agree with you that the Saints do need another downfield threat. Devery Henderson has the speed but his hands are suspect to say the least. Shockey is an elite talent at TE and Brees would get him the ball. But I am with you in that I don't think the saints should give up more than a 2nd round pick for him.

Oct 31, 2006
A friend from NOLA called at 3 am the other night to say they were celebrating the signing of Jonathan Vilma. If the Saints can figure out someway to get Shockey, that place will come unhinged.

lawdawg02

Jan 23, 2007
i think the elite #1's have that breakaway speed - moss, steve smith, even TO. colston is very good, but he lacks that speed. he has shown that he can be very productive. that's what i meant when i said he's a great #2, but maybe not a GREAT #1. another downfield threat that can take the double team away from him is missing (henderson is not the answer).

maybe that's what the saints are thinking - that shockey will demand the attention of the safeties, because linebackers can't cover him. so then linebackers will have to guard bush. and it'll be harder to double colston. i see where they're going, but i wouldn't give more than a 2nd rounder and a role player, if that much.

bulldog saints fan

May 23, 2006
Oh ok. You are right about that then. Colston won't win many track meets. We really need Robert Meachem to step up. And we have got to address the TE position. Maybe not Shockey but someone better than Johnson or Conwell.

HammerOfTheDogs

Aug 6, 2004
Quote:_________________________________________________Are you suggesting that he should have played through his fractured fibula?_________________________________________________
A REAL man could've.

Stormrider81

May 1, 2006
If he does end up on IR he'll have no problem getting tanked in a skybox while watching his teammates win without him.

Chesusdog

May 2, 2006
Will he even be ACTIVE this year? I don't think he was on the roster at all last year.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login