Salmon disappointing me

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
With fish it’s 50% catching and 50% eating. Mahi wins that race hands down. Crappie is a distant second.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
Great source of mercury.
Freddie-mercury-costume GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
...and I like salmon, especially with the skin on and grilled, but tuna is a great steak.
Best tuna I’ve ever eaten was when we were in Barbados. We caught it handlining and brought it back to the resort to be cooked for dinner. It was amazing.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
Very underrated tuna, Outback Steakhouse. I know, I know, try it before you judge me.

Chesusdog

May 2, 2006
Never could get into it. Has a weird off-putting after taste that I can't abide. I get that it's healthy for you but at what cost?

Crazy Cotton

Aug 26, 2012
Fun Fact: Mississippians love of Salmon patties developed during the 1920s, when the federal government began heavily subsidizing canned Alaskan salmon shipments to the south as a way to combat the pellagra epidemic that was happening because a lot of people were having to live on hot-water cornbread at the time. Being southerners, mamaws everywhere took that nasty pink salmon and added enough onion, peppers and whatnot to create a tasty fritter. Paired with some beans, it provided enough nutrition to effectively fight the pellagra scourge.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
Chilean Sea Bass is probably my favorite “white” fish but I’ve never fished for it. It’s hard to beat good tuna if properly prepared.

katfsh

May 15, 2014
No love for catfish???

fun fact Chilean sea bass, is really a Patagonian toothfish, wasn’t a big seller before the name change.

T-TownDawgg

Nov 4, 2015
Great source of mercu
Fun Fact: Mississippians love of Salmon patties developed during the 1920s, when the federal government began heavily subsidizing canned Alaskan salmon shipments to the south as a way to combat the pellagra epidemic that was happening because a lot of people were having to live on hot-water cornbread at the time. Being southerners, mamaws everywhere took that nasty pink salmon and added enough onion, peppers and whatnot to create a tasty fritter. Paired with some beans, it provided enough nutrition to effectively fight the pellagra scourge.
I know I’m old when this type of post interests me more than flight tracking

Reactions: jethreauxdawg
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login