Salty article from The Oklahoman…

TXDawg.sixpack

Apr 10, 2009
I imagine that writer has some family heritage that is not to be celebrated either. You can’t convict people based on being related. That’s a stupid approach. Him putting Briles on the sideline was tone deaf though.
In all of this, why is Lebby being blamed for Briles being on the sideline? Yes, Briles is Lebby’s FIL, but last I checked, Venables is OU’s head coach. Why is the catching heat for Briles being on the field in OU gear?

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
In all of this, why is Lebby being blamed for Briles being on the sideline? Yes, Briles is Lebby’s FIL, but last I checked, Venables is OU’s head coach. Why is the catching heat for Briles being on the field in OU gear?
True. Venables says no, all good. Lebby says no, big chance he gets cut off!

Reactions: Anon1697564126

Dawgpile

May 23, 2006
This guy obviously hates Lebby. With a passion.

Reactions: Darryl Steight

BigDawg0074

Oct 12, 2016
It sounds like he has a pearl clutching axe to grind. I definitely don’t want Briles gracing Scott Field but this writer is taking it too far I think.

Delmar

Jan 8, 2008

LandArchDawg

Sep 14, 2003

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Lebby being blamed because,

“It shouldn’t have happened,” OU athletic director Joe Castiglione said in a statement, “and it was my expectation it never would, based on boundaries we previously set.”

Reactions: patdog

RockyDog

Jan 2, 2023
Oklahoma's problem wasn't the offense, it was that soft Big 12 defense that lets them down. Always been the case for them.
Saw several comments on a Sooners fb group saying that their offense ran too fast and scored too quick and left the poor defense hanging.
Some even said they wanted a slow methodical offense. I was like, damn, you could have been an MSU for the last 50+ years. See how well it worked for us.

dog99walker

Jul 16, 2021
I said this earlier. There are some people in this world who never forgive anything.

That being said, has anyone done a study of the number of reported rapes on the OU campus at the same time? Do you think that aggressive male behavior only happens with the confines of Waco and the Baylor campus. This has been a problem since someone came up with the nifty idea to allow 18-year olds of the different sexes to go to school together. I don’t condone the behavior like this, but it happens. Art Briles should have reported any allegations to the police, but Jeff Lebby fell in love with Art’s daughter. It’s Old Testament behavior to “visit the sins of the father on to his children’s, children”. I won’t do that. I live by “ go and sin no more”, not cancel culture.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
As long as I can remember there has never been a shortage of people who love nothing more than telling you how you should run your life, conduct yourself, or where your morals should be if you plan on being as lily white and pure as they are. I try to constantly strive to live in strict accordance with their high moral standards and values so that there is little doubt just how much I completely value in their beliefs and standards.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Lebby being blamed because,

“It shouldn’t have happened,” OU athletic director Joe Castiglione said in a statement, “and it was my expectation it never would, based on boundaries we previously set.”
I mean the head coach could have still said no.

Theconnormead

Jan 26, 2023
This guy obviously hates Lebby. With a passion.

He is likely one of the reporters questioning him about his father-in-law being on the sideline either before or after a game. We are in such a weird society now, where some who do wrong can be rehabbed quickly, while the media / society hands others a life sentence at their sole discretion. I for one don't care if his father-in-law sits in a recliner on the 50 as long as we are winning. Not sweeping under the rug what happened under his watch, but we only know what the media wanted us to know. And, I 100% believe people learn and can change.

Reactions: eckie1

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
I am not seeing the over the top saltiness of the article. It's the same stuff many writers say, a sizable amount of people feel that way. It was, at best, unnecessary, for Lebby to have Briles on the sidelines, it's been discussed ad nauseum. But who cares? My concern is if the guy is the best fit for MSU, I could give a shlt less about the rest.

What this hire truly feels like to me......is Cannizaro. Could be really good or really bad, and probably a little of both.

dawgenstein

Mar 3, 2008
Rest assured if Briles shows up anywhere in Oktibehha County next fall, the ESPN cameras will be there to show clips of his every move all throughout the broadcast of any games on their channel.

Pookieray

Oct 14, 2012
I didn't follow the case against Briles at all, so I'm curious as to how it all went down. Were the rapes done by members of the football team? Were the rapes done by drugging women or physical force by one or more people? Were these rapes reported only to the coach?

Dawg1976

Aug 22, 2012
This dude has probably pissed off the whole Selmon family. Not cool if he wants to continue to cover OU.
There's a sports writer for every paper that wants to be the next Paul Finebaum. The CL has more than one. But you're right the Selmons won't forget this guys comments.

was21

May 29, 2007
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login