Satan joining the Gameday crew

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
How many of y'all tune in to the show? Do you think this is a positive or negative?

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
I know I am in the minority here, but I hate bama****
That being said, it is hard to really hate Saban. I think he will do a damn good job on gameday.

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
I think it’s cool. Herby, McAfee, Sith Lord, they’ve got a solid crew these days.

It came up on Disney’s earning call yesterday along with some Taylor news. Up 8% after hours trading. Seems like it’s been well received:

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
How many of y'all tune in to the show? Do you think this is a positive or negative?
Will absolutely watch more to hear him. Thats a great hire. Hopefully Mcafee shuts up for 2 seconds to let him talk.

AlCoDog

Feb 27, 2008
It will be great. Now we can watch him during the show and in 75% of the commercials that run during the show and games.

Reactions: 57stratdawg

columbiadawg2

Feb 2, 2010
Saban will be great. I enjoy his play breakdowns quite a bit. Watching him fume over a DB on the other team being out of position while describing a Bama TD always cracked me up. He'd be so angry that the DB didn't play his assignment and completely gloss over the play his OC drew up or the play one of his players made to score.

Dawg1976

Aug 22, 2012
As long as McAfee is on the show I won't watch. But I'm not much into college football anymore anyway so I'm not a person for them to please.

Reactions: Ranchdawg

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
I haven't watched it in years, and his presence won't change that. If they totally got rid of Corso and McAfee ( I hate 'rassling and 'rasslers) I might would reconsider but I'm usually getting honey do's out of the way so I can waste the rest of the day on footall

Xenomorph

Feb 15, 2007
Good.. keeps him in the public eye during football season and reminds Alabama every day he's not longer their coach so they should compare the new guy to him at every opportunity.

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
I watch it sometimes and like it. I won't watch it more or less because he's on the show but I think he'll be a positive addition.

Reactions: sandwolf.sixpack

Boosh

Sep 14, 2017
Hopefully they'll use him somewhat sparingly. I don't think he has enough personality to be on the show the whole time. Regarding, McAfee, they had to bring someone on like that because they have to remove Lee relatively soon.

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
I haven’t watched it for more than 5 minutes since the day they were in Starkville. That being said, I’m pretty sure it’s going to punch me in the gut pretty damn hard whenever Corso passes away. I’m sure I’m not alone on this board when I say college gameday was a huge part of my fandom for a long time.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
I think he will do great but I never watch Gameday. I watch SEC Nation because at least State will get a 30 second mention each week.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I think it’s cool. Herby, McAfee, Sith Lord, they’ve got a solid crew these days.

It came up on Disney’s earning call yesterday along with some Taylor news. Up 8% after hours trading. Seems like it’s been well received:

Good Lord! There is nobody left at Disney with a creative ounce. They keep digging up old movies and rehashing them. Do they not understand the public at all? People want new and entertaining not the same old crap.

Reactions: 85Bears

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Now they have someone who knows football on that show. He played and coached College football. He can speak from both sides.

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
Haven’t watched since Beano Cook. Don’t plan on starting back…

Theconnormead

Jan 26, 2023
Think he will be great on Gameday. The addition of PM and now Saban has saved the show. Hated playing Bama, but always admired Saban. It is incredibly hard in any field to have the consistency he did.

Pilgrimdawg

Aug 30, 2018
I don’t think he has the personality required to get on TV and entertain fans. Those guys laugh, joke around, and pick on each other like regular normal people. Saban can barely tolerate being asked a couple of questions at half time by the side line reporter. This is a square peg in a round hole. Sure, he knows football and personal, but he is at heart as a$$ hole and has the personality of a pine stump.

NukeDogg

Mar 15, 2022
Gotta figure he's going to be the Corso replacement long-term if he does a good job at it. One day there'll be a whole generation of CFB fans that only know Saban as "that guy on Gameday".

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
The # of Bammers that will follow him and watch him might surprise you. And the average college football fan will find it appealing that he is there adding a different "authoritative" spin to the the show.

He will most likely be used to comment on things since he is the "greatest coach ever" that enjoyed the biggest advantages of buying players and families before NIL. I remind you that Ed Orgeron won a championship at LSU with the biggest bankroll ever for that team. Maybe Coach O is also a coaching genus.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login