Saturday is officially a sellout...

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
Good — hopefully the weather cooperates and everyone shows
I can recall going to a game when I was a student, and MBK was really good, where I had a hard time getting there and parking because of snowy/icy conditions and had an even harder time getting home afterwards. Can't recall the game, but I do recall the storm. Pretty sure I parked in McArthur parking lot and walked/slipped up the hill to the Hump and then down again leaving.

maroonmadman

Nov 7, 2010
I can recall going to a game when I was a student, and MBK was really good, where I had a hard time getting there and parking because of snowy/icy conditions and had an even harder time getting home afterwards. Can't recall the game, but I do recall the storm. Pretty sure I parked in McArthur parking lot and walked/slipped up the hill to the Hump and then down again leaving.
Back in the '90's me and a friend left Jxn enroute to Starkville to watch LSU vs MSU. This would be the last time Shaq played vs MSU. Weather was cold leaving Jxn but no snow. By the time we got to Louisville we had to pull over and lock in the hubs as it was, by Mississippi standards, a full blown blizzard. Went to the game (state lost, only time we lost to Shaq). There was 6" of snow covering the vehicle. Interesting and long drive home as we could only go about 40 mph due to weather. Snow cleared off around Carthage and it was clear sailing back to Jxn.

Reactions: WrightGuy821

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
tom hanks alabama GIF

Reactions: DesotoCountyDawg

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
Back in the '90's me and a friend left Jxn enroute to Starkville to watch LSU vs MSU. This would be the last time Shaq played vs MSU. Weather was cold leaving Jxn but no snow. By the time we got to Louisville we had to pull over and lock in the hubs as it was, by Mississippi standards, a full blown blizzard. Went to the game (state lost, only time we lost to Shaq). There was 6" of snow covering the vehicle. Interesting and long drive home as we could only go about 40 mph due to weather. Snow cleared off around Carthage and it was clear sailing back to Jxn.
That may have been the game. I honestly can't recall the game, just the weather involved. Shaq took a lot of flack from the fans when he played at the Hump. In hindsight, some of it was pretty racist... :( Did not occur to me at the time though.

BulldogBlitz

Dec 11, 2008
Good — hopefully the weather cooperates and everyone shows
Bama fans will show. Won't be a problem.
That was a fun day. Friend and I walked over from Suttle for the women's game before the men, so we were way unaware of the change outside. Haha that was a shocking walk back.

Pars

Oct 11, 2015
1/2 full still
all the Bama fans that bought tickets aren’t going to show up as they’re still in mourning from the great one’s departure

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login