Savanna Bananas

cowbell88

Jan 11, 2009
So, I’m watching Bananaland series and really want to see em play. Then I looked at tickets prices. HO LEE CRAP!!!! They are proud of themselves aren’t they?Definitely the law of supply and demand. Saw some for upwards of $900 and GA for $400.

msudawg12

Dec 9, 2008
So, I’m watching Bananaland series and really want to see em play. Then I looked at tickets prices. HO LEE CRAP!!!! They are proud of themselves aren’t they?Definitely the law of supply and demand. Saw some for upwards of $900 and GA for $400.
that isnt on the bananas. Their tickets are actually realy cheap for the initial transaction. Ive been on the waiting list and it goes in a lottery and is drawn each year. The tickets are all reasonable and include all food and beverage once you enter the stadium.

The prices you see online are all secondary selling markets with the acknowledgement that the old stadium they are in only seats a few thousand people and they have created such a huge draw that people are travelling nationwide and worldwide just to come to a game.

Jesse Cole (their owner/president) has been adamant since day 1 that he provides a fair price and he does not deviate from that. Really interesting guy

Reactions: MaroonSadness99

wsjmsu75

Sep 29, 2017
I have not seen this series. So what is it that is special about the Savanna Bananas?

Also, is the series broadcast on ESPN?

Mobile Bay

Jul 26, 2020
They a
I have not seen this series. So what is it that is special about the Savanna Bananas?

Also, is the series broadcast on ESPN?
They are basically the Harlem Globetrotters of baseball. All the players are college or low minor league players except for a few entertainers mixed into the lineup. So the games are just an absolute blast. The other thing is unlike the Globetrotters, the game is not fixed, the opponents The Party Animals can and do win from time to time.

Mobile Bay

Jul 26, 2020
that isnt on the bananas. Their tickets are actually realy cheap for the initial transaction. Ive been on the waiting list and it goes in a lottery and is drawn each year. The tickets are all reasonable and include all food and beverage once you enter the stadium.

The prices you see online are all secondary selling markets with the acknowledgement that the old stadium they are in only seats a few thousand people and they have created such a huge draw that people are travelling nationwide and worldwide just to come to a game.

Jesse Cole (their owner/president) has been adamant since day 1 that he provides a fair price and he does not deviate from that. Really interesting guy
They are traveling some to other places with larger capacities. They came to Montgomery last year and are coming back in March. It's best to get on their mailing list because those games sell out quickly.

Also when they are on the road, there is no free food and drink.

cowbell88

Jan 11, 2009
They are traveling some to other places with larger capacities. They came to Montgomery last year and are coming back in March. It's best to get on their mailing list because those games sell out quickly.

Also when they are on the road, there is no free food and drink.
Yeah, Montgomery was where tickets were $900 plus on their website.

Dawg1976

Aug 22, 2012
I wouldn't go if they paid me $900. For little kids I can see how this might be entertaining but for an adult....no.

CFLDawg

Nov 29, 2014
I went to a game in Daytona when they were here last summer. It was a fun ride (for the first few innings)... All of the rule variations seem like they would completely ruin the game, but it's amazing how quickly you just settle into the rule changes and watch the baseball talent. Is it different? Yes. Is it fun? Yes. Would I like a steady diet of it? NO.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
I wouldn't go if they paid me $900. For little kids I can see how this might be entertaining but for an adult....no.
Angry I Hate Everyone GIF

Mobile Bay

Jul 26, 2020
Yeah, Montgomery was where tickets were $900 plus on their website.
I do not know where you are seeing that because on their website it shows Montgomery as completely sold out as it has for months now. They sold out in days.

cowbell88

Jan 11, 2009
I do not know where you are seeing that because on their website it shows Montgomery as completely sold out as it has for months now. They sold out in days.
May have been something like Ticketmaster. I thought I was on official Bananas page though.

cowbell88

Jan 11, 2009
May have been something like Ticketmaster. I thought I was on official Bananas page though.
05AAE256-5E5B-490D-AD1D-4BFBAA0CC1BA.jpeg152DC60E-7AE4-4AE4-8CA0-1691747DDEBE.jpegAfter looking again, I wasn’t on official Bananas page, and this GA tickets also include VIP meet and great passes.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login