Saw this on Twitter...

NWADog

Aug 16, 2014
#1 for me is Mullen and Pap… I’ve got questions for Mullen… Pap would just be fun to have there
#2 Leach and Vanardo… mostly for stories from Leach
#3 Dak and Hadad… I’d like to hear some stories from Hadad that he’s unable to share on podcasts and Dak because he’s Dak.

Reactions: patdog

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
#1 is Hadad and Dak
#2 is hanging with Papelbon and we both troll Merlinz
#Last is Ron Polk

POTUS

Sep 29, 2022
Who is that with Jackie? My old eyes can’t make him out.

patdog

May 28, 2007
#1 for me is Mullen and Pap… I’ve got questions for Mullen… Pap would just be fun to have there
#2 Leach and Vanardo… mostly for stories from Leach
#3 Dak and Hadad… I’d like to hear some stories from Hadad that he’s unable to share on podcasts and Dak because he’s Dak.
You never know which Mullen you're going to get though. One can be very funny and entertaining. The other is a complete a**hole. For one night, it's got to be Leach and anyone. Otherwise, your top 3 is solid.

TaleofTwoDogs

Jun 1, 2004
I would just roam from one table to the next. Too many interesting tables to just pick one. I figure I would start with Dak because he would probably pick up the tab.

Bulldog Bruce

Nov 1, 2007
This reminds me of the time when Emory Bellard had just been hired. This was the time of MacArthur Hall athletic dorm. Generally when you ate in the dining hall the sports stayed together at their tables. Wasn't any assigned tables but when Baseball would start a table it filled with Baseball, Football with Football, etc. About 10 or 12 spots at a table. So dinner was happening and Coach Bellard walks in all by himself. The food line went through a set of doors on the right side. You would go through the serving area and come out the door on the left into the dining area. He goes through the line and comes out and he is looking around and comes up to our table and asks if he could sit with us. Of course we say sure and he plops down. So he joins in on the conversation and after about 10 minutes it dawns on him we are not football players but it was too late for him to move to another table. We all had a good conversation with him and of course wished him the best. Funny, that was the only time he ate with us.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
I never thought about it until looking at this picture, but just imagine the interviews Jack and Leach could’ve done together…
That Sunday morning call in show would be fire.

“Zeke from Sebastopol, Mississippi you’re on with Coach Mike Leach after a disappointing loss to Memphis.”

“Thanks for takin muh call, Jack. Ah love tha show. Now Mahk, have yew ever thought bout retarment?”

“Well, I mean, ya know, I have. A lot of people think I want to retire to my boat, but the truth is I don’t really even like sailing. I kind of want to just lay out on my hammock. And ya know ya know what uh I liked doing was that Sirius or uh XM satellite radio show with Jack Arute. They uh just uh setup a direct line to ya know my uh bungalow in Key West and I could just go walk out on the patio and ya know I could just do the show. No offense to the Jack sitting next to me, but that Jack was pretty great. Ya know he was a NASCAR guy? Ya know a thing I find interesting about NASCAR is that it started out as guys, ya know uh bootleggers, that ran whiskey through these backwoods and they would get together and uh race and I just think that whole history is really neat and I’m gonna get to your question in a second Zeke because that was a pretty piss poor performance against Memphis and I know Jack, Jack Cristil not Arute that I was talking about before has a Golden Flake spot he has to hit before we take a commercial break. Ya know I never really ate much Golden Flake before I moved to Mississippi. I really uh enjoy the sweet and spicy ones, the ones in the black bag. Yeah, those are really good. But yeah Zeke, was it Zeke? Yeah Zeke, I think about retiring all the time.”

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
I never thought about it until looking at this picture, but just imagine the interviews Jack and Leach could’ve done together…
Jack certainly would have been professional but I don't think he would have been a big fan of The Pirate

POTUS

Sep 29, 2022
Not one player or coach from our only national championship in school history. That's a choice.

Reactions: 32 Dive
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login