Saw this yesterday… possible pitching coach??

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
It would make some noise, but it's such a different animal coaching vs doing... I always heard great players make shîtty coaches.

Jason Garrett used to tell a story about how at football camps Troy Aikman would just get frustrated with guys and grab the ball and say "just do this" and chunk a laser 60 yards down field. Those lesser talented guys like Garrett had more empathy because they didn't have talent and had to work on every little detail constantly just to stay in the league as a backup.

Plus that's a grinding job for a guy that made $100 million in his career. Would love to see him volunteer in the off-season, but an experienced, top tier d1 pitching coach is what we need at State.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
On Bo Bounds show, he said just this not true and Oswalt texted him that he was going to the Kentucky derby. Then Bo went on for 30 minutes about Lexington. KY.

Since Bo is wrong most of the time, take that for what it's worth.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
John Candy No GIF by Laff

Reactions: jethreauxdawg

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
Be cool if he volunteered to help out for the remainder of the season but I doubt hiring him as a permanent coach would work for either party

Reactions: vicksburg

NWADog

Aug 16, 2014
Because he posted a picture of Bully two days after our pitching coach was fired?
I said it’s intriguing. Just interesting timing on a tweet like that when he doesn’t often tweet something like that.

Msuirondawgs

Mar 18, 2023
Roy was supposed to come play at State back in the day after Holmes CC. Weird timing though no doubt lol

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
I heard that's not happening, he doesn't have a degree which is required to be a coach. I guess he could be like one of Sabans many "consultants" or "anal-ysts" and not a coach but not sure

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login