Say it isn't so Geor'quarius

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Is "playmaker" really an accurate description??

I can say that again...

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
Of course if we can get him back we should. That would be a great pickup. We have one TE on the roster. Adding another guy that has been practicing at TE in college football is much smarter than turning a DE into a TE. He did make some plays for TCU. Playmaker might be a stretch.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Isn't the TE position used in Barbay's offense?
In the future, yes. Spivey is a one-year guy. Barbay says he wants to mold the offense to his players. Seems to me like, for 2023, we need to be running the Air Raid, then transition.

Moorhead made the same stupid mistake that I HOPE we aren't about to make yet again.

Reactions: mo7888

travis.sixpack

Mar 3, 2008
In the future, yes. Spivey is a one-year guy. Barbay says he wants to mold the offense to his players. Seems to me like, for 2023, we need to be running the Air Raid, then transition.

Moorhead made the same stupid mistake that I HOPE we aren't about to make yet again.
If by "Air Raid" you mean taking a roster primarily of Air Raid players, teach them a new system that (like all modern offenses) has some elements of the Air Raid, while highlighting said players' strengths, then yes, we will be running the Air Raid this fall.

Reactions: drumrcraig

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012

Everyone from Arnett to Barbay himself has said on the record that we're not about to make the same stupid mistake we made under Moorhead. So I'm not worried about it too much. I expect us to be much better offensively next year because we'll be much less predictable, but we'll still utilize a lot of the air raid concepts that are in place.

QMartinez

Jan 17, 2023
Everyone from Arnett to Barbay himself has said on the record that we're not about to make the same stupid mistake we made under Moorhead. So I'm not worried about it too much. I expect us to be much better offensively next year because we'll be much less predictable, but we'll still utilize a lot of the air raid concepts that are in place.
I’m not going to make any predictions about how much better or worse the offense will be, but clearly there won’t be any air raid run. No one on the offensive staff is an air raid coach and the formations, plays, splits won’t be air raid . This Is a pro style offense with lots of runs on first and second down.
How could you expect Barbay to run air raid when he’s never coached it in his life ? there may be some mesh but that is just a set play.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
I’m not going to make any predictions about how much better or worse the offense will be, but clearly there won’t be any air raid run. No one on the offensive staff is an air raid coach and the formations, plays, splits won’t be air raid . This Is a pro style offense with lots of runs on first and second down.
How could you expect Barbay to run air raid when he’s never coached it in his life ? there may be some mesh but that is just a set play.
Welcome to the board, KB.

Blah, blah, "pro style."

Barbay has literally told you what he's going to do offensively, but yet you still regurgitate this "pro style" nonsense.

QMartinez

Jan 17, 2023
Welcome to the board, KB.

Blah, blah, "pro style."

Barbay has literally told you what he's going to do offensively, but yet you still regurgitate this "pro style" nonsense.
I’m not familiar with any KB, I am familiar with the offense Barbay ran at CMU and App State. what is it that offended you ? I’m not criticizing Barbay or his scheme in any way, but am reserving judgement until we see it on the field.

Go look at film or ask the app State fans what offense he runs if you don’t believe me.

Again I’m not in any way critical of this offense, it may work just fine. But it is ridiculous to say we will run the air raid next year when we don’t have one offensive coach who has ever coached air raid in his life. I think what Barbay was saying is we will have some components of air raid like crossing routes.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
I’m not familiar with any KB, I am familiar with the offense Barbay ran at CMU and App State. what is it that offended you ? I’m not criticizing Barbay or his scheme in any way, but am reserving judgement until we see it on the field.

Go look at film or ask the app State fans what offense he runs if you don’t believe me.

Again I’m not in any way critical of this offense, it may work just fine. But it is ridiculous to say we will run the air raid next year when we don’t have one offensive coach who has ever coached air raid in his life. I think what Barbay was saying is we will have some components of air raid like crossing routes.
I've watched lots of his film from Appy State and elsewhere. It's different every year, which shows you that he adjusts to personnel. And none of it is "pro style."

And you know who KB is because if you're not him, you're making the same stupid arguments about Barbay that he's making on other boards. So I'm operating under the assumption that you're him until proven otherwise. And if you're not him, then all you need to know about him is that he's a nurse who pretends he's a doctor and an amateur analytical expert on football who thinks it's evil to run the football.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022

I'm basically trying to say we will run 4-5 wide a lot and chunk the ball around, while transitioning next year and beyond, to whatever Barbay truly wants to do, or whoever the OC is at that time. It's not rocket science.

17 "Air Raid" or "pro style". Stupidass argument.

QMartinez

Jan 17, 2023
I'm basically trying to say we will run 4-5 wide a lot and chunk the ball around, while transitioning next year and beyond, to whatever Barbay truly wants to do, or whoever the OC is at that time. It's not rocket science.

17 "Air Raid" or "pro style". Stupidass argument.
Here’s what I know of barbay And his offense.....

, narrow splits, uses tight ends, set plays other than RPO , balanced offense but runs a little more than he throws, likes to roll out his qb.

where am I wrong here ?

QMartinez

Jan 17, 2023
I've watched lots of his film from Appy State and elsewhere. It's different every year, which shows you that he adjusts to personnel. And none of it is "pro style."

And you know who KB is because if you're not him, you're making the same stupid arguments about Barbay that he's making on other boards. So I'm operating under the assumption that you're him until proven otherwise. And if you're not him, then all you need to know about him is that he's a nurse who pretends he's a doctor and an amateur analytical expert on football who thinks it's evil to run the football.
So what year was it a spread offense ? Do you have a link, I’ve never seen it

i don’t know any KB and don’t give a **** if he’s a pole dancer, a cab driver or a X-ray tech.

Last edited:

mo7888

Oct 18, 2017

I thought he was a DO....interesting...

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login