say what you want about Will Rogers BUT

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
I still say we outta avoid the portal for a QB for team unity and locker room cohesion. I really Like Parsons but he's only a freshman but with a guy like him who seems real smart, you never know. Locke and Sawyer need to step up and compete in the Spring; there's no excuse from either to not be able to push Will. What about Weir? Has he shown any sign of development?

Reactions: vandaldawg

Bulldog Bruce

Nov 1, 2007
The real issue will be decided when an OC is brought on and that determines the offense we run next year. Will only fits this offense, and if we are not running that, he can easily be beat out. All his starts could mean absolutely nothing going forward.

Reactions: Duggar Hall Desk

PBRME

Feb 12, 2004
The real issue will be decided when an OC is brought on and that determines the offense we run next year. Will only fits this offense, and if we are not running that, he can easily be beat out. All his starts could mean absolutely nothing going forward.
I don’t think there will be an overhaul on the offense. There will be tweeks. Which will probably still leave Will #1.

Reactions: patdog and was21

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
That makes sense. It also makes sense not to change the offense and stick with Will. The time to change is after next year. But, I like the Air Raid. Get an Air Raid OC.

Coast_Dawg

Nov 16, 2020
Dude had a bad game and we still won.

Looks like the future is shorter than the present.
I was noticing that as well. Hope you didn’t take that post as a knock on Rogers. Thought it was nice to see him there. If Parson has his head on straight which it looks like he does, he has the potential to be a Dak caliber leader by the time he leaves. His numbers will remain TBD.

Lettuce

Oct 16, 2012
I don’t think there will be an overhaul on the offense. There will be tweeks. Which will probably still leave Will #1.
Agree. He’s made a stride each year. Maybe he’s reached his ceiling….We have 9 wins….with a chance for 10 next year WITH Will as QB.

Wonder how many w’s we would have had with the last two “must have transfer QB’s?”

Loved how we closed the game. Just imposed our will, used our size and finished the Job.

Reactions: was21

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Dude had a bad game and we still won.

Looks like the future is shorter than the present.
He knows he did. He is his worse critic. He knows he has limitation and just tries to do the best he can. I imagine he was told NOT to do anything that might get him hurt because he had no real replacement. I just want him to stay healthy long enough to hand Parsons the job.

Someday folks will sing a different song when he is gone.

kired

Aug 22, 2008
He looked physically sick today, don’t know if he has been but I assume it was just the emotions of today & stress he put on himself to win this game. I can’t imagine what it would be like playing in this situation. It was his dream to play for Coach Leach, and you know he wanted to win this one probably more than any game in his life. Proud to see him pull it together and play a solid 2nd half

Coast_Dawg

Nov 16, 2020
He knows he did. He is his worse critic. He knows he has limitation and just tries to do the best he can. I imagine he was told NOT to do anything that might get him hurt because he had no real replacement. I just want him to stay healthy long enough to hand Parsons the job.

Someday folks will sing a different song when he is gone.
He seems like he would make a good coach someday. Not sure at what level but.

drexeldog23

Dec 2, 2022
Nope, he plays because the SEC says we can only win a certain amount of games and the backup would put us over the limit.
i know your joking but that "sec says we can only win a certain amount of games" chitt sounds just like one of my ole miss friends. i heard that bs 5 out of the last 6 weeks. im serious too, that s their hill.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
The Will Rogers hate on here is ridiculous. How do people not understand he plays because he is our best option?

How many QBs have we had go 8-8 in the SEC over two seasons? Wins in College Station, Auburn, and Oxford.

It's laughable how little respect some on here have for our QB. Kinda pathetic.

Reactions: The Fatboy

Baddog11

Aug 28, 2013
He’s not bad. Some good throws. I have no doubt he can put in the work in the off season and get better.

ps.
The shear number of bracelets adds an extra pound which is slowing him down ….scientifically….allegedly

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login