SBW Schedule

Sep 11, 2019
Does anyone know where I can find the schedule of events for Super Bulldog Weekend? I can't seem to find anything online.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
I searched and surfed, can't find anything at all about it. I've got people coming to town and would like to know what's available to take them to but nope

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Does anyone know where I can find the schedule of events for Super Bulldog Weekend? I can't seem to find anything online.
Gotcha covered. Just google Super Bulldog Weekend 2024, and one of the first links will be this one: https://www.msstate.edu/about/traditions/super-bulldog-weekend, which if you click through will take you to this one:
https://hailstate.com/feature/SuperBulldogWeekend

That will give you everything you want to know about the 2023 Super Bulldog Weekend. I **** you not.

I rarely complain about our athletic department, but having a Google search of "Super Bulldog Weekend 2024" take you to a landing page for the 2023 super bulldog weekend seems like somebody should be put on a PIP if not fired.

Walkthedawg

Oct 3, 2022
Don’t know about 2024. But if you like nostalgia, the 2023 schedule of events is still on the website

Ahh! Got beat to it by a minute.

Reactions: Darryl Steight

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
My first thought upon reading this thread: "I'm PRETTY SURE our university has plenty info on the interwebs about SBW; these must be some real morons not to find it easily"

But nope, I see virtually nothing. Seems real lazy on somebody's part. Are we really operating this way? All that staff at the Athletic Department, and nobody has even put up a schedule on the website?

Walkthedawg

Oct 3, 2022
My first thought upon reading this thread: "I'm PRETTY SURE our university has plenty info on the interwebs about SBW; these must be some real morons not to find it easily"

But nope, I see virtually nothing. Seems real lazy on somebody's part. Are we really operating this way? All that staff at the Athletic Department, and nobody has even put up a schedule on the website?
If you search on the site… you can even go back to the 2022 SBW events.

I did find a mention of this years SBW… if you click on the calendar of events… there is a notation of “Super Bulldog Weekend” on the games for next weekend, after you click on the days. So all is not lost.

For fricks sake…. If this was another university that attempts to act like they’re a major university… you have alumni, fans, students, and prospective students alerted to this in friken January with a list of university and local events. MSU?? We have to post to a message board and find last years and the year priors events.

Reactions: dorndawg
Sep 11, 2019
Gotcha covered. Just google Super Bulldog Weekend 2024, and one of the first links will be this one: https://www.msstate.edu/about/traditions/super-bulldog-weekend, which if you click through will take you to this one:
https://hailstate.com/feature/SuperBulldogWeekend

That will give you everything you want to know about the 2023 Super Bulldog Weekend. I **** you not.

I rarely complain about our athletic department, but having a Google search of "Super Bulldog Weekend 2024" take you to a landing page for the 2023 super bulldog weekend seems like somebody should be put on a PIP if not fired.
Yea, I ended up there too. Hence the post asking for outside assistance.

Thanks.

PhredPhantom

Mar 3, 2008

We are Mississippi State.

It’s what we’ve come to expect. Par for the course. Our Sports Information Department (if we even have one) is run by third graders at best.

• Sad
Reactions: dorndawg

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
I just think there's not anything that is planned for some reason, no scheduled events to post.

Edit: I kept looking found only this on Hailstate.com: 1712852850875.png

No softball on the schedule that day even though its softball season.
No tennis scheduled that day even though its tennis season.
No track even though its track season.
No concert
No fireworks
No pig cooking contest
No arts festival (they stopped that several years ago I think.
This looks like LT organized this SBW and decided to save money, they have layed a turd burger for this year for sure. Last years was probably already organized when Selmon was hired, maybe he didn't want it this year for whatever reason.

Last edited:

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
If you google "Mississippi State Spring Game" this is the first result:

We just need more money in our athletic department. Like, maybe if we could somehow join an organization that could give us tens of millions of dollars each year, then we could afford to hire a computer science or engineering student part time that understands SEO, website design, and has a schedule of events for the university. It’d take him or her like an hour and a half a week to do the basics, so it’d be pretty expensive, but who knows, it might be worth it.

travis.sixpack

Mar 3, 2008
I just think there's not anything that is planned for some reason, no scheduled events to post.

Edit: I kept looking found only this on Hailstate.com: View attachment 555950

No softball on the schedule that day even though its softball season.
No tennis scheduled that day even though its tennis season.
No track even though its track season.
No concert
No fireworks
No pig cooking contest
No arts festival (they stopped that several years ago I think.
This looks like LT organized this SBW and decided to save money, they have layed a turd burger for this year for sure. Last years was probably already organized when Selmon was hired, maybe he didn't want it this year for whatever reason.
Pathetic. It used to the biggest sports weekend of the year. I wonder why Softball isn't even playing that weekend (home or away).

Walkthedawg

Oct 3, 2022
I guess because there's nothing to find. Baseball and Spring game.
I was eating at a restaurant last Saturday evening and overheard some guy say that his (or another) cooking team was still deciding if they were going to participate in SBW. Said they needed some others on board.

I don’t know if they were mistaken or if that is something that is scheduled. But I don’t see anything about it.

SBW should be a major recruiting weekend for both prospective athletes and students. It should also get alumni back to campus to get back involved.

But is now just slipped so far as just the weekend of the spring game??

I remember as a student walking out of my last class on that Friday, smelling the pork cooking, and seeing the energy pick up on campus. Now that’s in the past? WTF?

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
I used to cook at SBW every year. I don’t think it was a University official sponsored event. I think MAFES sponsored it. It wasnt a great competition but it at least used to be a Memphis In May Qualifier.

Reactions: travis.sixpack

travis.sixpack

Mar 3, 2008
I was eating at a restaurant last Saturday evening and overheard some guy say that his (or another) cooking team was still deciding if they were going to participate in SBW. Said they needed some others on board.

I don’t know if they were mistaken or if that is something that is scheduled. But I don’t see anything about it.

SBW should be a major recruiting weekend for both prospective athletes and students. It should also get alumni back to campus to get back involved.

But is now just slipped so far as just the weekend of the spring game??

I remember as a student walking out of my last class on that Friday, smelling the pork cooking, and seeing the energy pick up on campus. Now that’s in the past? WTF?
SBW was my favorite week of the year as a student. This will be the first time since I became I fan that I've missed two years in a row.

SBW used to be a unique tradition in college sports, mainly because baseball is so important at State. Now its just another spring football game that happens to fall on a home baseball series weekend.

I wonder if blame lies with Selmon, the upheaval in the FB program or with Lemonis.

ETK99

Jul 30, 2019
It's one of the worst weekends for SBW I can remember. Even the Easter weekend was better. Just a bad date but we're stuck with the schedules. I was fired up for the spring game but I'm not wasting my time for the nothing schedule.

Last edited:

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Let's see how close the department is monitoring this site. If updated tomorrow, we'll know this page has some sway.

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
Maybe, if we are lucky, this will be a "tradition" that is mercifully laid to rest.

Number One Horror GIF by lilcozynostril

Turfdoc992

Oct 3, 2022
Pathetic. It used to the biggest sports weekend of the year. I wonder why Softball isn't even playing that weekend (home or away).
With 13 teams in the SEC at least one team does not have a conference series each weekend. There is probably a limited selection of teams from other conferences as they are in their conference schedules also. Just the way the schedule fell this year.

Team could use a break. Since the Ole Miss series every weekend series has been against a ranked opponent, most of them in the top 10.

Reactions: travis.sixpack

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
I'll be at the spring game. I'm pissed there's no softball to go with baseball but at least I can cuss at Cohen and tell him what a puss he is.

Reactions: 17itdawg

leeinator

Feb 24, 2014
Let's see how close the department is monitoring this site. If updated tomorrow, we'll know this page has some sway.
This or any other page has no sway whatsoever. All sports page subscriptions amount to about 1-3% of all MSU sports fans out there.

ZombieKissinger

May 29, 2013
Selmon was so aggressive with his umpire response that he scared off Super Bulldog Weekend

bolddogge

Aug 23, 2012
The lack of events is pathetic. With all the sporting events and most of the time a concert and BBQ cooking contest, the SBW schedule used to be so packed that you couldn't possibly hit everything. Campus was buzzing with activity. Now it's just a regular baseball series with a spring football scrimmage beforehand. It's not just the athletic department's fault. Keenum, Selmon and Spruill should have had their heads together months ago to plan a SBW that would attract more than just the regular sports crowd to Starkville. Sad.

AlCoDog

Feb 27, 2008
Conversely, anything you ever wanted to know about Double Dickhead weekend is all over the place.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login