Scenario

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
1) Alabama and UGA both run the table to Atlanta. Bama beats UGA in a close one.
Both finish 12-1.

2) At least 2 of 4 conference champs from B1G, ACC, PAC, and Big 12 have at least one loss.

Does UGA make the playoff?

QuaoarsKing

Mar 11, 2008
Yes, Georgia makes the playoff at 12-1 in any scenario, unless there are 3 undefeated teams from the other P5 conferences.

Reactions: onewoof

dog12

Sep 15, 2016
1) Alabama and UGA both run the table to Atlanta. Bama beats UGA in a close one.
Both finish 12-1.

2) At least 2 of 4 conference champs from B1G, ACC, PAC, and Big 12 have at least one loss.

Yes, as two-time defending champ, Georgia makes the playoff.

Bulldog from Birth

Jan 23, 2007
Both finish 12-1.

Depends on what those 1-loss teams look like. If Florida State is undefeated, and the other 2 are a 1-loss PAC12 team and a 1-loss Texas team who has a win over Bama, then I think UGA is out. It’s going to be a tough year to try and get into the playoff as a non conference champ with the Pac12 so strong and Florida State with such an easy path to an undefeated season.

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
Probably depends on what happens around the country.

I think Michigan, Ohio State, Penn State & Florida State all control their own destiny.

blitz2Win

Sep 2, 2023
I think this year’s team would be making some noise in the SEC if Leach hadn’t died and we didn’t have a JV coaching staff.
Definitely, the expectation would be 10 wins. with this easier schedule I was expecting a big year. SOS was #11 last year and is currently #41.

Reactions: Rupert Jenkins

AstroDog

Oct 5, 2022
TBH.....don't think we'd beat Troy in Starkvegas or at their place with this year's team. Watching them destroy Army right now and they run an exciting offense with great RBs and WRs. We might want to note their HC's name for future reference.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Yes, as two-time defending champ, Georgia makes the playoff.
That shouldn’t matter though. You can’t give a nod to a team for anything that happened before 2023. The team they have on the field now is nowhere close to those teams.

patdog

May 28, 2007
That shouldn’t matter though. You can’t give a nod to a team for anything that happened before 2023. The team they have on the field now is nowhere close to those teams.
It won't matter. SEC is only getting 1 team in the playoff this year.

Reactions: Perd Hapley

Coast_Dawg

Nov 16, 2020
The potential is there for Bama and UGA to get there but it would take a lot of help.

PAC12 is self destructing today. USC getting handled by ND. Oregon with a tough loss on the road to higher ranked team. USC still has to play Oregon and Washington back to back in a few weeks.

B1G will take care of itself. OSU looks vulnerable. Penn St, OSU, Michigan will all knock one of the others out.

BIGXII still has potential to see a Texas - Oklahoma rematch for the conference championship.

ACC is down to FSU and UNC. They wouldn’t meet until the Conf Championship Game. FSU QB is banged up and they play Duke next week. UNC has a weak schedule.

Crazy season still has a long way to go to show its hand.

Reactions: Perd Hapley

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
The potential is there for Bama and UGA to get there but it would take a lot of help.

PAC12 is self destructing today. USC getting handled by ND. Oregon with a tough loss on the road to higher ranked team. USC still has to play Oregon and Washington back to back in a few weeks.

B1G will take care of itself. OSU looks vulnerable. Penn St, OSU, Michigan will all knock one of the others out.

BIGXII still has potential to see a Texas - Oklahoma rematch for the conference championship.

ACC is down to FSU and UNC. They wouldn’t meet until the Conf Championship Game. FSU QB is banged up and they play Duke next week. UNC has a weak schedule.

Crazy season still has a long way to go to show its hand.
I think its interesting that FPI and a lot of other advanced rankings already have UGA only at #4 right now, even while they are unbeaten. FPI currently has Bama ahead of them at #3, too.

UGA really might need to go unbeaten. Chances are that they won’t have any signature wins, otherwise.

Coast_Dawg

Nov 16, 2020
I think its interesting that FPI and a lot of other advanced rankings already have UGA only at #4 right now, even while they are unbeaten. FPI currently has Bama ahead of them at #3, too.

UGA really might need to go unbeaten. Chances are that they won’t have any signature wins, otherwise.
Their signature wins would be UK😂, UM😂, UT😂. Their schedule isn’t much tougher than UNC to me. I don’t keep up with FPI.

ETA: UM might be top 10 if they don’t lose again before UGA on 11/11.

Last edited:

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Both finish 12-1.

Yes and that's probably what will happen. The energy to get 2 teams in is real. Quite a history of the SEC doing this with the SECC

dog12

Sep 15, 2016

Right, good point. I suppose there's no real way to answer your scenario today, without knowing all relevant information that will be available at the end of the season.

WrapItDog

Aug 23, 2012
Yes, Georgia makes the playoff at 12-1 in any scenario, unless there are 3 undefeated teams from the other P5 conferences.

GA would need Ole Miss and/or TN to go 10-2 to have any credibility with their weakass schedule to get those 12 wins.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login