Schedule trivia

Captain Ron

Aug 22, 2012
Was just looking at next years schedule and it reminded me that we aren’t playing Bama.

Who remembers the last time we weren’t scheduled to play Bama? (Not talking about the Covid year)

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
American Flag GIF by US National Archives

patdog

May 28, 2007
Hint number 2.

It was within the last 40 years.
1991. We were scheduled to drop Bama as a permanent opponent and pick up Kentucky. But the first year we weren't scheduled to play Bama turned out to be the year the SEC split into divisions and added Arkansas & South Carolina. So Bama came right back as a permanent opponent before they even left.

Captain Ron

Aug 22, 2012
1991. We were scheduled to drop Bama as a permanent opponent and pick up Kentucky. But the first year we weren't scheduled to play Bama turned out to be the year the SEC split into divisions and added Arkansas & South Carolina. So Bama came right back as a permanent opponent before they even left.
Bingo!

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
I like our chances against Texas than Tennessee or Texas. I have 57 years experience of Bama beating our arse 50 out of 57.
Yeah. I love rivalries but honestly we don't really have one outside of Ole Miss. Maybe a little bit with Auburn because of Cam, and maybe Kentucky/Arkansas since we are similar.

Reactions: patdog

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
We’re set to not play LSU next year as well. State-LSU is the third longest running series in the SEC behind Georgia-Auburn, and then State-Ole Miss.
Good time to change shlt. We lost our bowl streak, the NCAA has totally turned sports on its head, so who really cares? We never gained anything from playing Bama and LSU, except a couple of solitary moments in 1980 and 2014 (which there would probably be more of if we'd had an easier schedule).

Reactions: patdog
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login