Scott Field

topbulldawg

Jan 27, 2008
History Question. It feels like I rarely hear that reference anymore when talking about our stadium. When did this shift happen? I know we named the stadium David Wade around 2000, but I feel like Scott Field was still used for a while after

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
JWS shifted the field when he got there to give the home team more room and to make it tight on the visiting team. When they bowled in the stadium they shifted the field back center. That's what we need is a coach always looking for an edge.

Poppy IV

Nov 24, 2016
I call them Scott Field and Dudy Noble Field. if I remember correctly, and i know I’ll be corrected if Im wrong, Mr Davis Wade didn’t attend MSU, but had grandchildren there and was willing to donate a chunk of money. It coincided with us needing to expand the stadium and they told him they would name the thing after him if he would designate it that way. Anyway, this is what I was told.

MStateDawg

Aug 3, 2021
To me it was always Scott Field until the expansion opened in 2014. It was at that point I began referring to it as Davis Wade. It just felt like a different place after bowling in the north endzone

Reactions: patdog

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
To me it was always Scott Field until the expansion opened in 2014. It was at that point I began referring to it as Davis Wade. It just felt like a different place after bowling in the north endzone
This is where I land as well

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login