Scott Padgett & Chris Lemonis on OOB

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
We're gonna be good and surprise folks. If not, Lemonis' Seat Gets Warm.
This statement regarding a warm seat has been made 1000 times on here already and the season has not even started. There are going to be legendary meltdowns on this board.

Reactions: jethreauxdawg

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
This statement regarding a warm seat has been made 1000 times on here already and the season has not even started. There are going to be legendary meltdowns on this board.
I predict Joy over Meltdowns.

BulldogBlitz

Dec 11, 2008

He is the one saying it 850 of those times.

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
Winning record and a regional. Not expecting anything else. The SEC is loaded and we're in rebuilding mode.

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
What happened to that dude? He was predictable but sometimes entertaining.

dog99walker

Jul 16, 2021
Fighting Irish? I hope he is pouting and won’t bother us with his positive attitude.

Still amazed that Ron Polk can get that damn typewriter to work on this website.

It’s the pitching. We are gonna hit it. Question is how hard are the other guy’s gonna hit our pitchers?

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
I don't care how many games we win as long as we play with heart. *****

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
So just your average baseball season on Sixpack.**

Sixpack during baseball season is the worst.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
So just your average baseball season on Sixpack.**

Sixpack during baseball season is the worst.
Very true. This thread is a perfect example. We got people on here saying we should never have a rebuilding season. Just a dumb statement in any sport but especially college baseball where there is more parity than any other sport.

beachbumdawg

Nov 28, 2006
Very true. This thread is a perfect example. We got people on here saying we should never have a rebuilding season. Just a dumb statement in any sport but especially college baseball where there is more parity than any other sport.

there’s a difference in being top of the pack and being middle of the pack. if you are saying middle of the pack is a rebuild that is fine, and I can get on board with that. Excusing last season’s cluster 17 as a rebuild is unacceptable and should never happen

Uncle Ruckus

Apr 1, 2011
there’s a difference in being top of the pack and being middle of the pack. if you are saying middle of the pack is a rebuild that is fine, and I can get on board with that. Excusing last season’s cluster 17 as a rebuild is unacceptable and should never happen
I'm in line with this. Bottom of the league is never acceptable. Never. Two back-to-back seasons missing the post-season is never acceptable. Never. I don't want to hear **** about recruiting either. Tennessee has proved that you can build a great team in one years time in this age of college baseball. If Lemonis is the great recruiter he's made out to be, then he should be able to do the same. I know Foxhall won the assistant of the year two years ago, but his *** should be on fire going into this season. Jake should feel some heat as well. Our lack of pitcher development is disturbing. We'll all find our pretty soon if this roster turnover worked and if the train is back on the track. But another sub-par season is completely unacceptable.

Reactions: SchrodingersDawg

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
I'm in line with this. Bottom of the league is never acceptable. Never. Two back-to-back seasons missing the post-season is never acceptable. Never. I don't want to hear **** about recruiting either. Tennessee has proved that you can build a great team in one years time in this age of college baseball. If Lemonis is the great recruiter he's made out to be, then he should be able to do the same. I know Foxhall won the assistant of the year two years ago, but his *** should be on fire going into this season. Jake should feel some heat as well. Our lack of pitcher development is disturbing. We'll all find our pretty soon if this roster turnover worked and if the train is back on the track. But another sub-par season is completely unacceptable.
I agree with you guys that we shouldn’t cycle so hard down, even in a rebuilding season. And you bring up a very valid point about the transfer portal. However, do you think Lemonis might would have brought in other pitchers had he known our Friday and Saturday night guy to start SEC play was Preston Johnson and Parker Stinnett? It’s not like the pitching staff he rolled out there much of the season was the plan. I know a lot of you guys won’t to say injuries are just an excuse and I guess that is where we agree to disagree. Obviously, he can’t keep having injuries detail a season.

beachbumdawg

Nov 28, 2006
Pitching was our issue last year
312 (bb and hbp) - 56 games
11.2 K/9 (592)
4.8 BB/9 (263)
9.1 H/9
199 XBH
4 total saves

in 2021
315 (bb and hbp) - 68 games
12.2 K/9 (817)
3.9 BB/9 (266)
7.3 H/9
156XBH
18 total saves

Uncle Ruckus

Apr 1, 2011
I agree with you guys that we shouldn’t cycle so hard down, even in a rebuilding season. And you bring up a very valid point about the transfer portal. However, do you think Lemonis might would have brought in other pitchers had he known our Friday and Saturday night guy to start SEC play was Preston Johnson and Parker Stinnett? It’s not like the pitching staff he rolled out there much of the season was the plan. I know a lot of you guys won’t to say injuries are just an excuse and I guess that is where we agree to disagree. Obviously, he can’t keep having injuries detail a season.
Don’t disagree with you at all about last season and needing to reload in the off season. We all thought pitching could be a strength last year. However, I still don’t think State should have been that talent poor in pitching. There shouldn’t have been THAT big of a drop off as we saw.
This year with the transfer portal, barring tons of injuries, there is no excuse to be talent poor anywhere

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login