Scruggs still around

Mjoelner

Sep 2, 2006
Two things:
1. I think Scruggs bought Eli's house. I don't know when the sale was final but it was on the market at least 2 years ago. Eli moved out and left everything there so they just had an estate sale.
2. "The Scruggs Home at Ole MIss" Have you ever noticed that everything up there has to be named XXXX at Ole Miss or XXXX at Oxford?

Reactions: Darryl Steight
Aug 22, 2012
Two things:
1. I think Scruggs bought Eli's house. I don't know when the sale was final but it was on the market at least 2 years ago. Eli moved out and left everything there so they just had an estate sale.
2. "The Scruggs Home at Ole MIss" Have you ever noticed that everything up there has to be named XXXX at Ole Miss or XXXX at Oxford?
I’m glad someone else has noticed that. It’s comical at this point. I’m sure they think it sounds more exclusive, elite, or whatever buzzword they use in fantasyland these days.

pseudonym

Oct 6, 2022
It’s amazing that a licensed lawyer can get caught red handed bribing judges and still be in a position to donate $8 million to his alma mater. And that school is happy to accept it and slap his name on it.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
I'ma translate for you:

"The nearly $8 million discount represents an in-kind contribution to the university from the Scruggses"

Translation: It sat on the market for several years but nobody in their right mind would fork over $18mil for a house in Yoknapatawpha County so he sold it to the hightest offer and wrote off the loss.

Last edited:

MSUDOG24

Mar 31, 2021
I’m glad someone else has noticed that. It’s comical at this point. I’m sure they think it sounds more exclusive, elite, or whatever buzzword they use in fantasyland these days.
You can add "of" to the list as well as in The Country Club of Oxford.:rolleyes:

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
I'ma translate for you:

"The nearly $8 million discount represents an in-kind contribution to the university from the Scruggses"

Translation: It sat on the market for several years but nobody in their right mind would fork over $18mil for a house in Yoknapatawhha County so he sold it to the hightest offer and wrote off the loss.

Exactamundo.

Being the Bro in Law of the former May Joriddy Leada o da Senators still has its advantages, even after prison.

karlchilders.sixpack

Jun 5, 2008
I'ma translate for you:

Translation: It sat on the market for several years but nobody in their right mind would fork over $18mil for a house in Yoknapatawhha County so he sold it to the hightest offer and wrote off the loss.
Or did he get a tax deduction on the loss?

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login