SDS Coming in with a confidence booster***

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
That was a decent piece. He does explain why we will go 3 - 9, or at least while the football world thinks we will. If we get anywhere close to .500, it's a success. The schedule is brutal, and he lays that out in detail. You can ignore it if you want to, but we have a tough hill to climb. That doesn't mean we can't. It is just going to be tough.

patdog

May 28, 2007
That was a decent piece. He does explain why we will go 3 - 9, or at least while the football world thinks we will. If we get anywhere close to .500, it's a success. The schedule is brutal, and he lays that out in detail. You can ignore it if you want to, but we have a tough hill to climb. That doesn't mean we can't. It is just going to be tough.
3-9 is a joke. Schedule is tough, but all 4 OOC games are very winnable, with 2 being slam dunk wins. Then we get struggling Florida and Arkansas programs both at home (and A&M is always prone to underperform and lose games they shouldn't). I'm probably about as negative towards our team as they come, but there's no freaking way we only win 3 games.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
3-9 is a joke. Schedule is tough, but all 4 OOC games are very winnable, with 2 being slam dunk wins. Then we get struggling Florida and Arkansas programs both at home (and A&M is always prone to underperform and lose games they shouldn't). I'm probably about as negative towards our team as they come, but there's no freaking way we only win 3 games.
I would agree with you, but we are starting all over. New everything... new staff, new players, new SEC teams. The only thing I do know that we don't play Alabama for change. I just don't have a lot of optimism for a big winning season.

maroonmania

Feb 23, 2008
If we actually go 3-9 next year, we made the wrong hire.

QuaoarsKing

Mar 11, 2008
The home game slate this year is pretty favorable. Arkansas and Florida are clearly winnable games, as both coaches are dead men walking. Who knows with A&M, but we have competed well with them for a decade. Missouri will probably beat us if they're a top 10 team again, but if they regress to the mean some, it's winnable.

The road slate is much harder; Texas, Georgia, Tennessee, and Ole Miss is most likely 0-4, but that's not a "for sure" bet. Both Tennessee and Texas constantly underachieve and lose to a less talented team on a near-annual basis. You never know with Egg Bowls.

So yes, it's possible we could go 0-8, but I think we're already favored in 2 home games and have a decent shot in several others.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login