SDS has us 9th in their Power Rankings

msstatelp1

Aug 21, 2012

Here's their write up. Sounds pretty accurate.​

9. Mississippi State (5-2, 2-2)​

Previous ranking: 5
This week: 27-17 L to No. 22 Kentucky

These are the sorts of games Mississippi State just hasn’t shown it can win under Mike Leach. Just when you think things are trending in the right direction, the offense completely falls apart and Will Rogers, who entered the week as a legitimate Heisman contender, gets out-dueled by a bruised and banged up Will Levis. Credit to Kentucky for fighting its way to a home win, but Mississippi State has disappointed yet again.

Barkman Turner Overdrive

May 28, 2006

These are the sorts of games Mississippi State just hasn’t shown it can win under Mike Leach. Just when you think things are trending in the right direction, the offense completely falls apart and Will Rogers, who entered the week as a legitimate Heisman contender, gets out-dueled by a bruised and banged up Will Levis. Credit to Kentucky for fighting its way to a home win, but Mississippi State has disappointed yet again.
Ninth in the SEC is about right.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Ninth in the SEC is about right.
I think there is a big jumble of teams that can't really distinguish themselves, so not going to be a clear right answer, but I think putting USCe and Arkansas ahead of us at this point is hard to justify. If we don't get credit for beating Arkansas handily because Jefferson was out, USCe shouldn't get credit for beating UK with a hobbled Levis.

On the other hand, I think Florida has a legitimate argument to be ahead of us. I know they have looked bad at times, but Utah is still a good win, they hung tight with UT in Knoxville, the LSU loss isn't terrible, and the home loss to UK isn't a terrible loss.

msudawg1200

Sep 19, 2012

We laid an egg, but we are damn better than both Arkansas and SC who are ranked right ahead of us.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login