Seatgeek and ticket fees

Thebulldogcountry1

Nov 6, 2022
We went to the MBB game on New Year’s Eve. I got 5 tickets through Seatgeek for $1 each. Grand total : $36.45. Not terrible overall, but paying over $30 in fees hurts my soul.

I used Seatgeek because that’s what hailstate.com pushes. There are advertisements on the goals as well.

So what benefit does the school get from pushing a third party seller when there are still tickets available through the school site? I’d rather pay double if more went to State.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Well that's the decision to make. Pay cheaper to Seatgeek or pay more and it goes to MSU. I wonder who actually lists their tickets for $1, I guess they just want to get rid of them. Be better off giving them to someone.

Reactions: Perd Hapley

Thebulldogcountry1

Nov 6, 2022
There were a lot of tickets for $1 or $2. Everything on hailstate was $10 and up.

It just seems like, if Seatgeek was anything more than a sponsor, there would be some benefit for the school to direct fans away from hailstate. Also, if the school gets more $ from fans buying direct, why push Seatgeek? It’s just confusing because it’s impossible to know what’s better for State.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Well that's the decision to make. Pay cheaper to Seatgeek or pay more and it goes to MSU. I wonder who actually lists their tickets for $1, I guess they just want to get rid of them. Be better off giving them to someone.
The cynic in me wonders if SeatGeek doesn't get an allocation of tickets as part of their contract and sells them cheap for the fees. No way I'm going through the hassle of selling any excess tickets I have for less than $50 cleared minimum.

Bulldog45

Oct 2, 2018
Sometimes you can’t find anyone to take them and $1 is the minimum you can list them for so that’s basically giving them away. I’d guess State gets a cut of the $30 somehow. Didn’t realize it was that much.

Reactions: Maroon13

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Well it's one of the better ones. Don't use stubhub. Lot of of horror stories from them lately.

for me it depends on the seat and value. If I can get better seat for better value that's who I use. If it's about the same including fees then I buy from the school but my experience is the school charges out the butt for tickets not in high demand. For exhibition games, ooc games, and bowl games I never buy from the school they are always over priced compared to third party market. School is usually cheaper for conference games.

fyi tickets aren't too bad on seat geek for the saints Sunday

kired

Aug 22, 2008
That’s interesting, it’s always appeared to me that SeatGeek had fairly low fees compared to the alternatives. I thought they charged a flat 10% but I assume they must have a minimum also

I’ve got no complaints from a sellers perspective. Listed football tickets a few times, only takes a minute through the Hail State app and they normally sell if you use their recommended price or close to it.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login