SEC 11:00 AM kickoffs will now be 11:45.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
I don't understand how this is just now a thing. I know they are somewhat going to be cannibalizing each others audience regardless, but if it's not going to cause the first game to be ridiculously early or the last game to be ridiculously late, why would you not want at least one of the games to have the audience to itself for half an hour or so at the beginning of the day and one to have it to themselves for half and hour or so at the end of the day.

Reactions: CochiseCowbell

travis.sixpack

Mar 3, 2008
"The SEC is expected to unveil its 2025 conference schedule slate later on Wednesday."

They're just going to flip to the schedule for everyone - in 2025 you play all the schools you didn't play in 2024 plus your permanent opponent. For Mississippi State it should be:

South Carolina
LSU
Auburn
Kentucky
Vandy
Oklahoma
Alabama
+
Ole Miss

I see 1-2 potential playoff teams, MAYBE 3 if OM can keep it rolling. Sign me up for that!

patdog

May 28, 2007
"The SEC is expected to unveil its 2025 conference schedule slate later on Wednesday."

They're just going to flip to the schedule for everyone - in 2025 you play all the schools you didn't play in 2024 plus your permanent opponent. For Mississippi State it should be:

South Carolina
LSU
Auburn
Kentucky
Vandy
Oklahoma
Alabama
+
Ole Miss

I see 1-2 potential playoff teams, MAYBE 3 if OM can keep it rolling. Sign me up for that!
I would be very surprised if this isn't correct. Then in 2026, we'll probably go to a set 8 or 9 game schedule with permanent opponents and a set rotation.

Reactions: travis.sixpack

Willow Grove Dawg

Nov 3, 2016
If I am understanding the article, there will still be 11:00 games on ESPN & potentially ABC. The change to 11:45 kickoff is only for the SEC Network games. ABC & ESPN will have games going head to head against FOX Big Noon Kick-off at 11:00 eastern.

Reactions: patdog

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
45 extra minutes for LSU to do jumping jacks at the gas station before kicking our arses up and down the field again

travis.sixpack

Mar 3, 2008
I would be very surprised if this isn't correct. Then in 2026, we'll probably go to a set 8 or 9 game schedule with permanent opponents and a set rotation.
My only fear is the SEC could screw us with the home/away picks

Would like to see Mississippi State's schedule for 2025 look like:

South Carolina (played away in 2023)
@ LSU (played home in '23)
Auburn (played away in '23)
@ Kentucky (played away in '23)
@ Vandy (played away in '21)
Oklahoma
@ Alabama (played home in '23)
Ole Miss (play away in '24)

patdog

May 28, 2007
My only fear is the SEC could screw us with the home/away picks

Would like to see Mississippi State's schedule for 2025 look like:

South Carolina (played away in 2023)
@ LSU (played home in '23)
Auburn (played away in '23)
@ Kentucky (played away in '23)
@ Vandy (played away in '21)
Oklahoma
@ Alabama (played home in '23)
Ole Miss (play away in '24)
That schedule actually looks pretty good to me. Prob gonna lose to both Bama and LSU no matter where we play, so get them on the road. Prob gonna beat Vandy no matter where we play, so get them on the road. Games that could go either way are mostly at home.

RockyDog

Jan 2, 2023

Reactions: DesotoCountyDawg

travis.sixpack

Mar 3, 2008
That schedule actually looks pretty good to me. Prob gonna lose to both Bama and LSU no matter where we play, so get them on the road. Prob gonna beat Vandy no matter where we play, so get them on the road. Games that could go either way are mostly at home.
We're going to have to make consecutive return trips to SOMEBODY in '25, might as well be UK and Vandy. Besides, the SEC owes us for all the times we've played in Athens the past 12 years.

Reactions: patdog

RockyDog

Jan 2, 2023
Brutal. Our 2025 home opponents are Texas, Ole Miss, Georgia, and Tennessee. Ooof. And what wizard decided to schedule our first 4 games as the OOC opponents? 8 straight SEC games in 2025. GENIUS!!

RockyDog

Jan 2, 2023
We're going to have to make consecutive return trips to SOMEBODY in '25, might as well be UK and Vandy. Besides, the SEC owes us for all the times we've played in Athens the past 12 years.
The SEC said, here we owe you an *** beating. At Arkansas, Florida, A&M, and Mizzou

travis.sixpack

Mar 3, 2008
Brutal. Our 2025 home opponents are Texas, Ole Miss, Georgia, and Tennessee. Ooof. And what wizard decided to schedule our first 4 games as the OOC opponents? 8 straight SEC games in 2025. GENIUS!!
Who the 17 hell thought flipping the '24 season would be a good idea??

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Who the 17 hell thought flipping the '24 season would be a good idea??
Maybe the people pushing to keep an 8 game schedule? You flip 24 for this year, then just say well now everybody can take their one permanent and replace the other 7 with the teams they haven't played for '26 and then flip it home and away the year after for '27. Then you're four years in keeping an 8 game schedule and also let schools play through some of the committed OOC games and give everybody more time to prepare for a 9 game schedule and/or consider whether they still want to do a 9 game schedule. You can always move from 8 to 9 but going from 9 back to 8 will be a financial headache.

This is purely out of my *** speculation, but that's my hope of what is going on.

Reactions: travis.sixpack

travis.sixpack

Mar 3, 2008
Maybe the people pushing to keep an 8 game schedule? You flip 24 for this year, then just say well now everybody can take their one permanent and replace the other 7 with the teams they haven't played for '26 and then flip it home and away the year after for '27. Then you're four years in keeping an 8 game schedule and also let schools play through some of the committed OOC games and give everybody more time to prepare for a 9 game schedule and/or consider whether they still want to do a 9 game schedule. You can always move from 8 to 9 but going from 9 back to 8 will be a financial headache.

This is purely out of my *** speculation, but that's my hope of what is going on.
That make sense. I'm just in shock the SEC would approve a schedule that is the carbon copy of the previous years. That is so stale and boring. I can't remember the last time State played the exact same SEC schedule two years in a row, without some variation.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login