LSU-0
OM-2
MSU-5
Missouri-4
SC-1
UT-0
A&M-0
Vandy-1
Aggy and Bama not being run ruled seems like a massive statistical anomaly. Neither team is very good.

patdog

May 28, 2007
I'm surprised we don't have more. Seems much worse than it actually is
We’ve only played 23 games, and one 1+ run loss wasn’t a run rule loss since we didn’t go down by 10 until the top of the 9th. That’s losing more than 25% of our games by 10+ runs.

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
Aggy and Bama not being run ruled seems like a massive statistical anomaly. Neither team is very good.
It does. I guess I can understand Bama because while they’re not great, their team ERA is just a hair over 4. It’s hard to get run ruled when your pitching isn’t giving up many runs.

A&M is a little weird though. At the end of the day, I guess bad teams lose, but it takes a special kind of train wreck to get run ruled like this on a regular basis

Reactions: patdog and eckie1

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
Besides Jordan and maybe Hines, who on this roster actually has the talent to maybe one day make it to MLB?
I don’t get why Hines would even get drafted, much less make MLB…. When you literally swing for the fences each swing, you’re gonna get some homers. Outside of that, I don’t get it at all.

Reactions: We Men

Msuirondawgs

Mar 18, 2023
I could have imagine it, but I thought the announcers the other night said Ledbetter may be a 1st Rounder.
Probably late 1st rounder. Chase rate is super low. Huge exit velo, he can steal bases, he nevers strays outside the SZ. Patient hitter, disciplined. Multiple exes have said Ledbetter will be at worst a 2nd rounder.

Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

kired

Aug 22, 2008
I don’t get why Hines would even get drafted, much less make MLB…. When you literally swing for the fences each swing, you’re gonna get some homers. Outside of that, I don’t get it at all.
Man, eckie really doesn’t like Hines

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
Man, eckie really doesn’t like Hines
It’s nothing personal against the kid. But I don’t see how he made an SEC roster. And I can’t imagine why people are projecting him as making MLB, much less MiLB.

Hancock is about the same, but he’s had plenty of contributions for us. If there’s anybody on base and Hines is at bat, you know the odds are he’ll pop the hell out swinging for the fences at best. Many seem to disagree, but there’s a lot of value in just putting the ball in play instead of making very low percentage hits.

Reactions: We Men

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
It’s nothing personal against the kid. But I don’t see how he made an SEC roster. And I can’t imagine why people are projecting him as making MLB, much less MiLB.

Hancock is about the same, but he’s had plenty of contributions for us. If there’s anybody on base and Hines is at bat, you know the odds are he’ll pop the hell out swinging for the fences at best. Many seem to disagree, but there’s a lot of value in just putting the ball in play instead of making very low percentage hits.
If you think putting the ball in play, weakly, beats hitting homers, lots of them. The OK.

Simple facts are Hines will make a nice signing bonus for his abilities as a player. He’ll go very high in the draft. Hancock will be playing his last games here in the next few weeks.

Teams will also be lined up for Hines talents if he enters the portal. Luke would get a look from South Alabama and SE Louisiana had his named been entered.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018

Sure hancocks 1 for 10 weekend produced and contributed way more than that 2 run shot Hines hit that tied the game.

Bulldog Bruce

Nov 1, 2007

So far he has batted .306 over his two seasons at State in his first two seasons without any protection or consistent offensive production from the rest of the lineup. Next year with him and DJ batting next to each other all season they will be mega productive. Plus Chicks dig the long ball as do all professional baseball teams.

Ask the Mayor, Rooker and Hunter Renfroe. Hitting .350 with minimal HRs just doesn't happen in today's MLB. Which of those guys are on Major League rosters?

I also think he needs to give himself a little more room at the plate. He has cut down this season on his over-swing.

Aug 28, 2018
The emphasis on launch angle and HR power fits right in with the current MLB trajectory. If he were hitting .200 with 22 HR as opposed to +300 with 22 HR, the power numbers are what will get him the look. Joey Gallo has somehow made a career out of batting .200 with power. That tells you a lot.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login