SEC Season starts!

DoggieDaddy13

Dec 23, 2017
We did what we needed to do and looked pretty good doing it these first two weeks. I am not worried about the late night brain fog/farts out West.
We should be more focused in Baton Rouge.

LSU looks like they made some real improvement from week one to week two. It's going to be a battle, but State can win this game.
If we win and look going doing it, we should win 8 plus games this year.
If we look like we did in the the third quarters these past two weeks, win or lose, we will be lucky to win 8 games.
If we lose and look outmatched, we may not win 6.

THIS GAME is a big 17n deal and we need to win it. Hail State.

Last edited:

Shmuley

Mar 6, 2008
I expect it to be close and competitive. All bets are off with SEC refs and late game non-sense.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
We did what we needed to do and looked pretty good doing it these first two weeks. I am not worried about the late night brain fog/farts out West.
We should be more focused in Baton Rouge.

LSU looks like they made some real improvement from week one to week two. It's going to be a battle, but State can win this game.
If we win and look going doing it, we should win 8 plus games this year.
If we look like we did the in the the third quarters these past two weeks, win or lose, we will be lucky to win 8 games.
If we lose and look outmatched, we may not win 6.

THIS GAME is a big 17n deal and we need to win it. Hail State.

I wouldn't make any judgement about LSU's improvement based on their week 2 opponent. You can't take away anything from that.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
I wouldn't make any judgement about LSU's improvement based on their week 2 opponent. You can't take away anything from that.

You can't but I do think they're going to make a lot of improvement throughout the year and even an extra game and two weeks of practice will help them a lot. I think FSU was just a reflection of putting in a new system with tons of new players and that Kelly is still a good coach who will have them playing up to their talent level by the end of the year.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
I smell an Auburn 2013 situation. We outplay them, but they get a few home field bounces, and their QB makes some big plays at the end to win a one-score game.

But maybe, just maybe.....we have the talent to prevent that this time around. But it's going to be close.

ETA: And if you remember, that Auburn team hadn't gotten rolling yet either with Malzahn in his first year. They got better each game and ended up in the title game.

Last edited:

patdog

May 28, 2007
That may be the one passing record Will doesn’t break in his career.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login