SEC West

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
After the Natty Game, don't they update the rankings? I was thinking if they do, we'll jump a few who lost their bowl games and get to like 19 or so.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Yeah that’s ridiculous. Did they have a power 5 cancel on them? Usually they play a big name early in the season.
That's true most years (Clemson, Notre Dame, Oregon). I went back and looked and their pattern is every few years just have Georgia Tech.

2024 they open with Clemson.
2025 & 2026 they open with UCLA.

Their 2019 non-con schedule was Austin Peay, Middle Tennessee, UMass, and GT.
2014 was ULM, Southern (the HBCU one), Georgia Southern, and GT.

To be fair about Georgia Tech, they haven't had a 3 year run this bad since the 1980's.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
That's true most years (Clemson, Notre Dame, Oregon). I went back and looked and their pattern is every few years just have Georgia Tech.

Their 2019 non-con schedule was Austin Peay, Middle Tennessee, UMass, and GT.
2014 was ULM, Southern (the HBCU one), Georgia Southern, and GT.

To be fair about Georgia Tech, they haven't had a 3 year run this bad since the 1980's.
They were supposed to start a series with Oklahoma but SEC said to cancel it.

Reactions: She Mate Me

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
Sallee will have them second in the west with an outside shot to the SEC championship game.
We joke about this in January but don’t be shocked by the time media day rolls around State will be a team with a new head coach, QB in new offense, and lost their two best defensive players. They will frame it some way to justify us being 6th or 7th. I’ve seen this movie too many times.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login