Sedona, AZ hotel experiences/suggestions

phantomdrvr1

Nov 18, 2021
Does anyone have any hints for a successful visit to a Sedona, AZ hotel/motel? Looking to stay one night in early October.

AleutianIslandawg

Oct 8, 2021
I went through there last December. Opted to stay in Flagstaff because Sedona was so expensive. From Flagstaff it was an easy and fun drive down to Sedona to spend the day there, hike to Devils bridge, see the Chapel of the Holy Cross, etc. Nice beer/food scene in downtown Flagstaff also

Faustdog

Jun 4, 2007
We went in April. It's a beautiful place, but man is it crowded. I found it to be more crowded than even Jackson Hole/Yellowstone.

Having said that, it we still had a great time. Just be prepared for the crowds, and keep your driving to a minimum.

Make a dinner reservation at Mariposa, and do it well in advance. It's one of the best meals I've ever eaten. They will not let you in without a reservation.

We did a camper van trip. Fun times, but I'm a tall guy so I got tired of sleeping on the short camper van bed and rented a hotel for one night at the Arabella Hotel. It was fine. Nothing to write home about, but it was clean and the room was spacious.

If you are going to do Devil's Bridge, which I do suggest, you need to get there as the sun is coming up. If you are any later you will not get a spot in the main lot, and you will add about a half mile each way down a dusty road to your hike. If you get there past 8am you can count on parking a long way down the highway.

Mariposa
View attachment 24812
Campsite
View attachment 24813
Campsite
View attachment 24814

BigDog72.sixpack

Nov 5, 2012
I'm actually heading there on Sunday after our game. Have dinner reservations at Mariposa too. Any other suggestions would be highly appreciated!

Faustdog

Jun 4, 2007
Pizza Lisa is owned by the chef of Mariposa. It's a solid little pizza place. Indian Gardens Cafe and Market is just north of town. Good little place to grab a bite with shaded outdoor seating.

Soldiers Pass is a great hike. With any of the hikes you want to get there early before they get crowded to get a spot in the parking lot. There are some shuttles now that go to the trailheads as well.

LexSCDOG

Aug 5, 2014
Does anyone have any hints for a successful visit to a Sedona, AZ hotel/motel? Looking to stay one night in early October.

We stayed there back in 2019, at The Orchards Inn, right in the middle of downtown The Views from the room and balcony were incredible. Good breakfast at the Mexican restaurant in front that was included.

woozman

Nov 13, 2004
Pizza Lisa is owned by the chef of Mariposa. It's a solid little pizza place. Indian Gardens Cafe and Market is just north of town. Good little place to grab a bite with shaded outdoor seating.

Soldiers Pass is a great hike. With any of the hikes you want to get there early before they get crowded to get a spot in the parking lot. There are some shuttles now that go to the trailheads as well.
My son and I stayed at the Hampton across the street from Pizza Lisa - and it was very good.we actually stayed in Sedona because the hotels in Flagstaff were more expensive when we were there. My son had a blast at Slide Rock State Park, but you gotta get there early too.

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
L’auberge is breathtakingly beautiful. It’s worth every dime. Best place to eat is Elote Cafe. Haven’t been to it’s new location since it moved from that motel, but it was fantastic there. Mariposa is solid too. The view is killer, so make sure you’re there with the sun up.

Rent a side by side in the desert. Go hike Devil’s bridge. Love Sedona. It’s amazing.

View from my room last time I stayed at L’auberge:

View attachment 24816

Bulldog Bruce

Nov 1, 2007
Last time I was there I was in Prescott for business. We drove over the mountain to the Sedona side. I just want to mention a few things we did that has not already been mentioned.

Jerome was a town we had to drive through but it was pretty cool. It is there because of an old copper mine and there is a excellent State Park and Museum there. Montezuma's Castle is a worthwhile visit. The Verde Canyon Railway was very enjoyable.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login