Seems like we have a new kicker?

LanierDawg

Aug 24, 2012
After Biscardi missed 2 straight PAT’s, Raybon the lefty made 3 of 3 PATs and 2 of 2 FGs, and I think boomed a couple kickoffs. Solid performance. Seems like he is the man now?

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
I would hope so. He nailed his field goal attempt and I’m assuming he was the one booking them out of the endzone.

tired

Sep 16, 2013
Hard to keep up with the kicker carousel, but for now he seems to be the guy

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
After Biscardi missed 2 straight PAT’s, Raybon the lefty made 3 of 3 PATs and 2 of 2 FGs, and I think boomed a couple kickoffs. Solid performance. Seems like he is the man now?

I don't think they'll just give up on Bascardi. He's a really good, proven kicker who won the job in fall camp and was fine against Memphis. Who knows what was going on the other night.

But Raybon is also a good kicker who was going to be our long guy and kickoff guy. He's a great option too.

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
It was over when me and DS gave him the "Ya boy". Apologies to the Biscardi family. #cosanostra

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
What’s interesting to me about the whole kicking situation under Leach is that he seems to have an extremely simple take on it. Kick well, and you’ll keep kicking. 17 up, and he’s moving to the next guy.

I actually expect Raybon to be our guy now as long as he keeps splitting the uprights, but to your point, it’s a matter of time before he misses a couple so Biscardi needs to keep fighting. I doubt we’ve seen the last of him

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
I don't think they'll just give up on Bascardi. He's a really good, proven kicker who won the job in fall camp and was fine against Memphis. Who knows what was going on the other night.

But Raybon is also a good kicker who was going to be our long guy and kickoff guy. He's a great option too.

I agree with this. Biscardi is proven. No idea what the issue was Saturday, but he made 7 of 7 v Memphis and was consistent over multiple seasons at Coastal.

With the portal I kind of like the idea of just always having two proven kickers on the squad. I'm sure Raybon has the job until he slumps and Biscardi will be competing weekly in practice to get the job back.

I love Raybon's leg. 8 KO 's, 8 touchbacks.

Jujudawg

Mar 3, 2008
Raybon MUST be our kicker at LSU, the game is too important to risk going with Biscardi. Bring Biscardi back for Bowling Green and let him work on his confidence against a non-conference foe, not LSU at night.

Go Budaw

Aug 22, 2012
Raybon MUST be our kicker at LSU, the game is too important to risk going with Biscardi. Bring Biscardi back for Bowling Green and let him work on his confidence against a non-conference foe, not LSU at night.

Sounds good in theory….but what do you do if we have a couple of first have drives that stall around the 5 or 10 yard line, and Raybon misses 2 chip shot FG’s? Who kicks FG’s and XP’s in the 3rd and 4th quarter?

thekimmer

Aug 30, 2012
He is done until Raybon does something to lose the job....

Kicking lights out in practice isn't worth a flip if one can't do it when it counts. Bascardi didn't miss vs Memphis but he came close. It's Raybon's job until he messes up worse.

MSUDC11

Aug 23, 2012
Sounds good in theory….but what do you do if we have a couple of first have drives that stall around the 5 or 10 yard line, and Raybon misses 2 chip shot FG’s? Who kicks FG’s and XP’s in the 3rd and 4th quarter?

I think you just go with the hot hand regardless. For my money, which isn’t worth much, Raybon should be the guy until he starts missing kicks. But keep Biscardi ready at a moments notice.

dog12

Sep 15, 2016
Raybon should be the guy until he starts missing kicks. But keep Biscardi ready at a moments notice.

This.

Players make plays that contribute towards winning the game.

Thus, players will always get the playing time.

Maybe Biscardi will later get another opportunity to make a play. If/when he does, then he'd better make the play.

kired

Aug 22, 2008
It was over when me and DS gave him the "Ya boy". Apologies to the Biscardi family. #cosanostra

First rule about having a good kicker is you don't talk about having a good kicker. I remember some time early in the Mullen years we had a guy nailing FGs. The CL did an interview and wrote a story on how good he'd been.... kiss of death, he immediately missed a few.

The thread needs to be locked before we do more damage.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login