Seems like we signed a fantastic QB today.

Bulldogg31

Dec 9, 2013
Surprised I haven’t seen a thread about the kid today but I see he threw the most TD passes in Texas HS history? That seems good right?

Coast_Dawg

Nov 16, 2020
Surely not a bad thing. In his press conference, Leach mentioned how the ball explodes off his hand and how he gets the ball right to the receiver for yards after the catch. In Joel Coleman’s interview, Leach said how accurate he was and that you can’t really teach accuracy.

Last edited:

msugrad2003

Aug 27, 2013
Anyone concerned we will lose Robertson? With Will’s improvement and three years remaining, will Sawyer stick around?

patdog

May 28, 2007
Not concerned about any player who leaves because he’s stuck in the depth chart. It’s a win-win for both the player & the school.

Coast_Dawg

Nov 16, 2020
Anyone concerned we will lose Robertson? With Will’s improvement and three years remaining, will Sawyer stick around?

If he can’t beat out Rogers before Rogers leaves, not much to be concerned about for one year.

Ralph Cramden

Jan 7, 2020
Everybody is penciling Will in for all of his eligibility but I don't buy into the thought process that he will never be NFL material. If he has an amazing year he might start getting some attention

wsjmsu75

Sep 29, 2017
Everybody is penciling Will in for all of his eligibility but I don't buy into the thought process that he will never be NFL material. If he has an amazing year he might start getting some attention

He has 3 more years of eligibility, right? I may be wrong, but I doubt he would want to stick around after 2 more years, regardless of NFL potential.

Coast_Dawg

Nov 16, 2020

My untrained eye says that his potential future will be based on how much his footwork improves. I think he would benefit from something like ballet class or dance lessons. Footwork, agility, elusiveness are all weaknesses. He can overcome the seemingly lack of arm strength. His decisions seem to be getting better, meaning smarter and quicker.

Bulldog from Birth

Jan 23, 2007
Depends. Setting the record for NCAA all time passing yards might be tempting for him.

He has 3 more years of eligibility, right? I may be wrong, but I doubt he would want to stick around after 2 more years, regardless of NFL potential.

wsjmsu75

Sep 29, 2017
Depends. Setting the record for NCAA all time passing yards might be tempting for him.

Another factor in that decision could be what kind of season he sees us having in 2024. If we have a chance for top 10 or even playoffs that year, he would probably be more inclined to return.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Nothing is guaranteed. I think leach will play who ever is best no matter the class. Who is to say that Robertson doesn’t learn the offense more and that he doesn’t beat will out. He has the potential. Would leach sit a better athlete that is younger if he is out performing a starter in practice? Guess we will find out. That’s all hypothetical. Competition only makes the group better.

Ralph Cramden

Jan 7, 2020
If he is the starting QB and is not projected for the draft he certainly will play out all of his eligibility. He isn't gonna throw away a year or two of playing ball

BigDawg0074

Oct 12, 2016
The Texas kid certainly has a cannon. The ball looks a lot different coming out of his hand vs. Rogers. I love the intermediate passing game right now but we really need more vertical threats outside the numbers. Right now the best vertical threat is Walley slanting between the linebackers and safety.

PirateDawg

Jan 9, 2020
Well said, that is my assessment too. Good idea about ballet and/or dance lessons. Didn't a pro team put their skills players through a dance class?

PirateDawg

Jan 9, 2020
Isn't Jack Abraham coming back as well because of injury? This team will have a very intersesting Spring practice.

Coast_Dawg

Nov 16, 2020
Well said, that is my assessment too. Good idea about ballet and/or dance lessons. Didn't a pro team put their skills players through a dance class?

None that I remember but I haven’t looked it up. Seems like it’s happened on a movie or something if not in real life.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012

He will just be a 5th year senior, so I think it's very likely he will stick around unless they are telling him he is a high draft pick. I think he loves football and would stick around for a 6th year (which of course he won't have that eligibility unless he redshirts between now and then) if he wasn't projected to get drafted, but I would really be shocked if he skipped out on what is essentially his RS senior year without a pretty good draft grade.

I do think you'll see a lot of players that redshirted before 2020 or who were on teams in 2020 and redshirted in 2021 decide to skip out on a sixth year of eligibility.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Isn't Jack Abraham coming back as well because of injury? This team will have a very intersesting Spring practice.

I think he is done with football because of concussions. Also, this was his RS senior year even after the extra year of covid, so he was already a 6th year senior. If his original RS wasn't due to injury, I'm not sure he is eligible for another medical redshirt.

FQDawg

May 1, 2006

I don't know about a whole team but I remember that Lynn Swann took ballet classes back in the day.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
My untrained eye says that his potential future will be based on how much his footwork improves. I think he would benefit from something like ballet class or dance lessons. Footwork, agility, elusiveness are all weaknesses. He can overcome the seemingly lack of arm strength. His decisions seem to be getting better, meaning smarter and quicker.
I know he was a soccer player back in the day, so you'd think his footwork would be better.

Go Budaw

Aug 22, 2012

He’s going to have 2-3 more amazing years….because he’s a Leach QB. But he’s not an NFL arm talent in terms of actually being drafted. He might be able to ink a free agent deal and land a roster spot as a bench or scout team guy, potentially. How much he wants to roll the dice on that, vs. being the all time college football passing leader and an SEC starter for another year is what he has to decide.

I certainly don’t expect Robertson to beat him out at this point….19 games of starting experience is not something you can just inject into another player. So Robertson will have to decide if he wants to stay for only 1 year of potentially being the favorite to start plus additional opportunities that might come up if Will gets injured, or just move on. And Greek / Locke and whoever else we sign between now and then aren’t going to make it easy on him even if he does stick around. But overall, it’s a great problem to have.

Last edited:
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login