Selmon billboard in Vegas

Bullldawg78

Aug 30, 2018
Under 40 & under a bunker, maybe.
Totally agree, a lot of people may not like loafers, but at least the man was out amongst the people. Good luck with Cohen doing that he would walk with his phone on his ear having imaginary conversations so he didn't have to talk to people, I then Selmon has been mor Cohenesque so far for sure!

• Angry
Reactions: AROB44

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Totally agree, a lot of people may not like loafers, but at least the man was out amongst the people. Good luck with Cohen doing that he would walk with his phone on his ear having imaginary conversations so he didn't have to talk to people, I then Selmon has been mor Cohenesque so far for sure!
I chatted with Selmon outside the union one before one of the early games, he seemed out going. I don't think Cohen made a good AD, but when he was Baseball Coach, I've seen him go out of his way to speak to folks, like little league teams, before games.

civildawg88

Aug 22, 2012
I actually saw him Friday night at the Aria. I had no idea why he was in Vegas but now I know

BulldogBlitz

Dec 11, 2008
I had the most opposite reception with Cohen. I never understood why either because we don't really know each other, but when he'd see me, he would approach me and start up a conversation. Most of the time was to just see how things were going with whatever event we were at. He didn't know my name, or at least never once said "hey bulldogblitz!"

biodawg

Mar 3, 2008
I was a student during the Foglesong years and I’d have the same random type conversations with him. I went to a few random lectures that he had obviously arranged and was present at so once I went up, introduced myself, and made small talk with him and the guest lecturer. Every time I saw him on campus after that, “hey biodawg! Good to see you. How are classes going?” A strange guy in many ways, but he made a lot of good moves as President and was very approachable.
when he'd see me, he would approach me and start up a conversation.

TaleofTwoDogs

Jun 1, 2004
SBJ is real, it's a multimedia company mainly aimed at sports executives, Like Forbes magazine they have a 40 under 40 recognition award which recognizes individuals under 40 who have a significant impact in their profession. Here's their spiel:

"Sports Business Journal (SBJ) sits at the epicenter of the sports industry. SBJ provides the news, the networking and the data to equip the most powerful executives in sports business to make more informed decisions, deals and partnerships. SBJ’s award-winning media content is delivered via multiple media platforms, unparalleled networking opportunities through its hallmark events and awards and market-leading data.

Sports Business Journal’s weekly and daily content provides original reporting and news aggregation, plus newsletters, podcasts and video. SBJ’s renowned events create opportunities for lead generation and partnerships as well as showcase the industry’s best talent in widely-viewed awards series. SBJ Atlas is the gateway to the data the industry needs."

columbiadawg2

Feb 2, 2010
Edit to add: This can't be real, right? And if so how does this sell tickets?

Last edited:

Will Rogers.sixpack

Sep 25, 2022
First head coach in SEC history.
First Latino head coach in SEC history.
First young black athletic director with a billboard in Las Vegas.

Where is all this ESG Black Rock money going we should be getting? Why are we continuing to go woke without getting heavily compensated for it?

Dawgs_4_life

Jun 12, 2014
I was a student during the Foglesong years and I’d have the same random type conversations with him. I went to a few random lectures that he had obviously arranged and was present at so once I went up, introduced myself, and made small talk with him and the guest lecturer. Every time I saw him on campus after that, “hey biodawg! Good to see you. How are classes going?” A strange guy in many ways, but he made a lot of good moves as President and was very approachable.
I spoke to Doc once. He seemed sincere and asked me a question or two. I emailed him once and he even called me back directly. The guy got stuff done.

LOTRGOTDAWGFAN

May 23, 2022
Ive always been curious why MSU's top 40 under 40 always only includes people who never left the university and did anything with their professional lives other than mooch their way up the MSU ladder usually because someone died or retired.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Guardians Of The Galaxy GIF

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
I had the most opposite reception with Cohen. I never understood why either because we don't really know each other, but when he'd see me, he would approach me and start up a conversation. Most of the time was to just see how things were going with whatever event we were at. He didn't know my name, or at least never once said "hey bulldogblitz!"
Guys that truly make the tough decisions are rarely the outgoing, approachable guys. Many times it's really a chore for those intense types to mingle with the people, and that turns people off. They can do it, they just can't do it a lot.

There aren't many Greg Byrnes out there, and I'm sure he has his weaknesses too. Maybe branding/marketing/fundraising? Think about it, everybody claims that the banner is terrible. And now that he's at Bama, he really doesn't have to worry about those things. So who knows, it's all about knowing your strengths and minimizing your weaknesses.

Athletic directors are in a weird spot, in my opinion. They are technically administrators, which is usually the quiet, introverted, serious decision maker. But considering how big athletic departments are, you really have to have a face nowadays. The sheep won't take you seriously and see the work that's being done unless you bombard them, either kissing their a$$ or with marketing efforts. That's why it's so hard to find a universally good one.....they are unicorns.

Reactions: biodawg
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login